Saturday, September 01, 2007

Until further notice: Celebrate Everything!

The title phrase was printed on the bottom of our receipt from lunch at the Dream Cafe, Pentiction, BC. Gotta love it!

Back from Canada and Mike had a great Ironman. I'll let you read his race report for yourself. I took my new Canon Rebel XT with the 'super duper lens' and did my best to get some good shots. The trip was great. I flew to Portland and we carpooled with Mikes training buddy Steven and his wife Karen. These kinds of road trips can be really fun or disastrous....We had nothing but fun! We split the drive up into 2 days with an overnight stay at a B&B in Washington. It was great to spend time with Karen and I think we really hit it off. After the race we took off Tuesday morning for Portland and drove straight through. That gave Mike and I 2 days together then back to SoCal for me. Here are a few shots from the race.
The crowd waiving to the helicopters filming the live coverage of the race, Mike going out on the run & bike.



Mike coming in for the finish and a little "See ya next year" wave.
.


After all that...I'm somewhat of a celebrity in my world. I've been in several Toyota photo shoots and a commercial (that I never saw) which aired back east. Well, they chose to use me in a print add for 7 nationally published automotive industry magazines. It runs now through the end of the year. Lot's of ribbing and requests to sign copies. One of my dealers even made a poster out of it with the heading 'Debbie-polooza summer tour 2007'. Everyone had fun with it, but at the end of the day not bad exposure for the gal wanting to transfer to the Portland Region. I'll take the ribbing...
Now to get caught up on blogs and prepare to re-enter the real world. Damn.....

Live passionately!

....and celebrate everything!

7 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Mike's report was great and your pictures were fantastic!! Sounds like the way to do a race.
The new face of Toyota- that could be big!

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Sam said...

We're swapping blog comments with a celeb? Cool!
Celebrate everything. I like it and congrats to your sidekick for a good ironman. Tks for sharing pics.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Lora said...

We needed a celebrity with her feet on the ground!! You could teach that Hilton chick a thing or two!

Loved Mike's report and your pics! I'm celebrating that you two found each other...one beautiful couple. Did you ever share with us how you both met?? I'd love a post on that (not so subtle hint).

Keep smiling!

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

Congrats to Mike! The picture of the two of you is gorgeous! What a sweet couple!

So.... I know a real celebrity now?!?! :)

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger jahowie said...

Great race report!! Congrats to Mike. Toyota couldn't pick a better person to represent them. You could sell anything to me with that smile. :-)

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Juliet said...

Congratulations to Mike and to you as well, Ms. celebrity woman! hehe
I can tell that you both loves eachother so much! ^_^

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

HOW COOL IS THAT?!? So many things to be grateful for on a daily basis. You always remind us of that!! Way to go, Mike!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home