Sunday, April 30, 2006

Feelin Fine....Thank You!

Church this morning was great...you know that feeling like you're the only one in the room and the message is just for you? Everything was crystal clear. Gotta love it. I brought my running stuff to church so I could leave from there (just in case I got home and never made it happen). No mental challenge today.... I was excited to hit the road. I've had this bottled up energy lately and it was nice to work it off. Ran to Corona Del Mar (beach) and back.


Didn't run the 12 miles I was aiming for....did 12.2! Did I have ya goin??! Felt pretty good until about mile 11. Nothing too horrible, just tired. The haze had burned off, it was a beautiful 73 and clear skies just like in the pic. Nice breeze to. I really need to show up for those group runs with the runnning club I joined. Now that's a mental challenge!! Am I really that tired after work, or I am just stubborn and want to run on my own terms? Probably a little of both ;) . I like the quiet time when I'm doing my own thing, but something's got to give if I want to log more miles. Darn.... it's that balance thing again! I don't know how you triathlete's do it.... I must sound like a big baby! ;)

Icing and eating. Everything I did on my last long run worked well, so repeating it today. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and go into the new week strong, blessed and thankful!

;)

4 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Good job!! 12.2 miles is an amazing distance. Great picture also.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Sounds like a perfect day!! Congrats on the run...Group training can definitely be rewarding, but there's nothing better than running "on your own terms." Whatever makes you happy, sister!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

What a great Sunday. A personal message (love those moments) and a good run. :D

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Una said...

What a super day. Beautiful beach!

You're going to rock your half training!

Happy belated birthday to your son. Loved the photos. My daughter will do same one day... huge Beatles fan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home