Saturday, April 29, 2006

It's Been a Hard Day's Night







My older son Rob celebrated his 18th birthday yesterday. The pic on the right was taken last summer when I took the kids to Europe. I know what you're thinking, & I am not money bags....we got an awesome deal on the trip. I thought it would be our 'last horah' together before they really move up and on with their own lives. Rob loves the Beatles and was more than happy to have his pic taken crossing Abbey Road. This was a tough trip.... and most of the time all that ran through my mind was "why on earth did I do this". Those of you with teenagers understand ;). Still, I don't regret it. Who knows if they'll ever make it back, and it was a great experience for them. I feel a little sad, and a little old, and a little thrilled that he has this whole world in front of him. What will he do? How will he take advantage of it? How will he leave his mark? YIKES...............

Went to the gym this morning about 9. That was strange...late for me. On the way the roads were filled with runners and cyclists. There was a huge (about 75) group ride and several smaller ones going. I love to see a big mass of cyclists. Very impressive I think. I hear somebody yelling 'princess' and ignore it.... finally glance over and it's my 4 riding buddies waiting for the signal to change. They're laughing at me, and ask when I decided I could just kick them to the curb. Funny boys... Explained my day to a lot of 'ya, ya, ya's ' and kept on going.
Ran 5 miles, lifted a little then core work. Boy... am I a creature of habit or what??? Would have loved to run/bike outside but had other things planned for the day and this sleepy girl didn't get up early enough to make it happen. I slept incredibley well....sound & deep. Lucky me.

Tomorrow off to church then home for a long run. Since I'm not officially starting my running training until Monday, I think I'll shoot for 12 miles and see how that feels. I've been putting in enough decent miles that I don't think it should a problem..... I said I don't think it should be ;). Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

;)

1 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

To be 18 again and have all those options...nah, it's better at this age!! With your outlook and balance, he has a great base to work with, but you're mom so you still have to worry and hope.
12 miles, a day after running 5 miles- wow legs of iron! Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home