Sunday, May 14, 2006

Progress...not Perfection.

This has been one of my mantra's in life..(and I have a lot of em!). I've never experienced remarkeable results from anything I said or did, that had lasting results. I'm all about the 'lasting results'. Quality over quantity... it' gotta stick.

My eating was out of control last week. ST. Regis Hotel in Monarch Beach just sucked me into the insanity. I worked out & ran almost everyday, but I had far too much rich food, H'orderves, cocktails & wine. What was I thinking???? I WASN'T thinking! Reminds you of the importance of the big picture. Little or no success with diet or exercise alone....I bet I gained 4-5 pounds. ARGGGGGG. It's soooo tough to lose. I tell myself stop whining and pay the piper! Progress, not perfection. Pick up where I left off and be a big girl about it. Maybe I should make myself watch Super Size Me....just for shock value. I get weighed in (@ WW) on Tues, and I can't workout again until Thurs. (minor medical thing) so I'll take advantage of it and get myself organized, re-group the diet and workouts. Ramp up the cardio. I need to add at least 1 spin class a week.... increase mileage on runs..stretch, stretch, stretch and core. Maybe it'll all seem new... who am I kidding??! I do love journaling that brand new page in a training log, and the first run in my new kicks....and the first day of a well thought out & comitted eating plan.

I am healthy & I am blessed. To experience progress. Those incremental increases in endurance, speed and strength. Not perfection....and that's o.k. by me. I'll keep doin what I'm doin and I'm confident it'll stick!

;)

5 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger I'm not here. said...

Keep at it!
Perfection is a myth.
The thing to do is forgive yourself and move on to the next moment. :oD
Thank you for finding my site!
I'll be back. ;o)

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Em said...

Life is never a smooth run, and i think it's how we leanr from those bumpy times that makes us perfect inour own eyes :)
You can lose those last pesky ponds and when you do you will learn that you are still the same girl just lighter!
So be happy and smile cause you are YOU :)
Em:)

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

I think you're being way too hard on yourself, but I'm a guy it's easier. If you haven't seen Supersize Me- do- it's great. Progress- it'll stick this time because you have an audience- I'm rooting for you!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Deb said...

WOW....what support! Thank you very much. Folks have a tendancy to blow a few pounds of weight gain off, but for my size (4'10") it is extremely difficult to lose every pound. I mean it's work..Thanks again!
Jeff: We own Super Size Me...took the boys to see it (they eat fairly healthy) and had to buy it when it hit the shelves. I think I will re-visit it tonight. ;)

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Una said...

So you took a detour to the buffet... you're allowed to do that! But yes, big picture, get back on track, it's what we all must do.

Enjoy being bad when you are, skip the guilt, and move on.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home