Friday, May 12, 2006

Inked.

I've been at a National Sales Conf. all week (only 20 minutes from home). I get a call night before last from my older son Rob. He starts off by telling me not to get upset, (ONE down..) then say's it's not in an obvious place (TWO down..) and it's something he'll never regret (THREE already!). Yep.... a tatoo. Sure, he just turned 18 and he's flexing his muscle a little... he's an adult and can do what he wants right? I'm sure that's why he chose to get it while I was gone. Lay it on me, what is it?? I'm hoping it's not his girlfriend's name....sweet girl but once your stamped....a break up is inevitable. Well, it's my husband's (his dad's) initials, year of his birth & death, and R.I.P. What do I say to that?.........Nothing..............

That behind me, I worked out everyday while I was away. Ran according to my training schedule, but think I may have pulled a little something in my knee. Nothing horrible and no swelling, but took this morning off. I think treadmills are calibrated differently..incline, speed. Certainly felt different from what I'm used to running on. I don't want an injury, and I'm a firm advocate of 'listening to your body'.

Read a few blogs in my free time, ate great food, caught up with colleagues from accross the country, and soaked up the time being treated like a princess. Who's idea was it to create 5 star hotels???? I LOVE those guys! Too rich for my blood, so I'll enjoy it when I can! Perks of a great job with a great company. Each year on the last night we get a room drop. A gift left in the room from our company. Get to my room last night and right on the pillow is a gift card for Nike!! Picked up a new pair of running shoes on my way home....happy Mother's Day to me!

Looking forward to cathcing up on all your posts. Have a great weekend and don't forget mom!

;)

7 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

5-star hotel and free Nikes, very good perks! Sounds like you had some good "you" time. Hope your knee is ok.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Thanks, I did! Soemtimes by luck on intention, we all need to make that happen, huh? My knee is feeling a lot better....weird though. When I bend down (at the knees) it feels sore and tight. I'll give it as much time as it needs before I start back.Hope all is well for you!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Una said...

Glad your knee is feeling better (from comment), and it should continue to do so!

Fun fun with the 5 star and new shoes! Wooop!

Re the tat, well, my daughter got a new one this week. Leo symbol on her ribcage. Her second tat. I keep thinking it's better than on her face, or eyebrow piercing. Almost everyone has one now, and it's his tribute to his Dad. I think it's sweet.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger JeffM said...

Happy Mother's Day.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

Always good to read the blog of a fellow travelling salesperson. :)

You are a cool Mum. I would've flipped if my boys ever call me while I am away and tell me they've just got tatoos. Hope I mellow in the 13-15 yrs before they are 18. :D

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Happy Mother's Day!! Tattoos are no big deal (at least that's what I told MY MOM when I broke the news)--unless of course he got it on his face!!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

You could ask, did you think before you got it, would dad be happy with this? I wouldn't want any of my sons to have any kind of tatoo. But like you say when they turn 18 then it's up to them to make those decisions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home