Sunday, June 11, 2006

Renewed..


I love Sundays. Such an 'up in the air' kind of day. It's a day to worship our maker. The day to sleep in (or not). Grocery shop for the week. Work on your 'honey do' lists. Pack up the gym bag for a Monday morning. Lounge in bed and read a great book.... or just do a lot of nothin. I normally have a very hard time with the last one. Can't sit still. I've been working on that. Relaxing more. Being o.k. with a nice slow day and focus on enjoying some down time. Read this quote on another blog and it struck me as beautiful & true (for me, anyway):

Inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that's where you renew your springs that never dry up.
Pearl Buck
US novelist in China (1892 - 1973)

I have read Pearl Buck's work. This quote reflects so much strength and courage. It's a beautiful thing when we realize our springs are never dry. We can always renew ourselves. We empower ourselves to begin again...stronger. For that run or ride...that thing we think we cannot do. Renew our lives & relationships; redirect our time and energy to a place of balance.

This week, I hope you find yourself renewed, & live successfully in all you do.

;)

5 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

The good earth- great book! Sounds like a relaxing Sunday for you.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

I have trouble with a "do nothing" day too.....but sometimes I really need it!!!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

G'Pea,

It's important to take a day off and rest and reflect. Especially when we don't feel tired. Get recharged and offer thanks to our maker.

Stay tuned...

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Peace!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Una said...

That's so lovely! Wishing you same!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home