Monday, July 17, 2006

Did you hear that??

Love The Ghost and Mr. Chicken! I saw this in the theatre when I was 6. To this day I think Don Knotts is hilarious in it!

Well, it sure is quiet around here. Chuck was invited to the mountains for a week with a friend and his family. Rob is working, out with friends or sleeping in. I'm not afraid to be alone, in fact... I like it. But I do have a problem with this crazy heat lately, & no AC (I KNOW...I'm the only one out there with no AC!) I often think if I did have it, I'd be at work all day while my boys sat on the couch in a nice cool 40 degree house!!! Fans will work fine! ;) I can't bring myself to leave the sliding glass doors open at night while I sleep. Not afraid really...just want to be safe. And lately I find myself throwing food away....yeah, the stuff it seems I just bought because "WE HAVE NO FOOD IN THIS HOUSE". Seems like they're never around to eat it. I HATE throwing food away!! I'm starting to shop as though I'm the only one here, and I actually don't mind it. I love my boys, but sometimes...... ;)

Workout was nothing to write about....literally. Just did my thing. Found some new weight training workouts I'll start. Figured I'd lift Mon/Wed/Fri. Spin-run Tues/Thurs. Long run Sat or Sun. I'll see how that works out. Hoppin off to pack the gym bag in the car and settle into a night of reading. Have a great week!

;)

6 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Your middle paragraph sounds very familiar! I just shop for my own dinners now and if my daughter has a request I'll pick it up. I also don't have AC- but I work in a temperature controlled shop (68-70 year round).

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

Just so you know, they would, in fact, turn the house into an ice box, if they could.

When I was younger, a friend's parents had a small t.v. room in their basement, with a window unit A.C. unit. Many were the summer days we would go there to watch t.v. and turn the room into a deep freeze. We'd be sitting there covered in blankets because it was so cold. Kids do some zany things.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Trifrog said...

I'm a whiner because my air-conditioning won't cool my upstairs bedroom to the chilly 76d I like. No AC in Cali - you're crazy, I would never survive!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Neese said...

my family in ohio does not have ac, and lets just say we left there a day early we literally could not take the heat!

workout plan sounds like a great one! :)

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

I hope you incorporated some sweat baths into your workout routine with no A/C?!! ;-)

Enjoy the peace and quiet!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Did I just dream this or were you thinking about doing a Sprint Tri?

It's hot hot hot in Texas too!!! When it's this hot, it should be clothing optional!!! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home