Thursday, June 22, 2006

What the &#%* !




Yesterday was one of the toughest days I've had at work in a very long time. Every challenge that could present itself did. It was beyond long, with over 2 hours of bumper to bumper freeway time to get home. Walked in the door and collapsed.

This morning I'm raring to go. On my way to the gym & spin class. I'm bettin those of you reading my blog are thinkin "What the &#%*?? Doesn't this woman do anything but spin?" Well, I do. Lift on Mon. & Fri, spin on Tues., Thurs. Run or ride outside on Sat/Sun.(just some clarification if you're curious)... O.K. I get to class, my HR is right where I want it and I peddle away. Ran on the treadmill for 2 miles, stretched and core. Same o', but I like it & it works for me. At least I'm consistant!

I get ready for work, feeling pretty 'snappy' and head out the door. I see the guy with the leaf blower. Da da...Da da Da da... (Jaws music). Young guy, wearing an iPod. His back was turned to me and I was a good 5 feet away, but as I went by, he did a 180 and blew the biggest pile of Jacaranda flowers directly at me! What the &#%*?? Jacaranda trees are beautiful but a little messy...drop tons of flowers. I was wearing all black, and I was covered!! After such a long day yesterday and such a good morning today, all I could do was laugh. It was pretty funny...the stuff you'd see in a movie. This poor guy was shaking and all he could get out was "I sorry lady". No matter how much I tried to tell him it was O.K., he was petrified. I walked back into the gym to the roar of these gals laughing. Glad I could make everyone's day! Picked the flowers out of my hair, brushed off, waived once more to that poor fella and drove to work.

Made me think how many times I'm going there... to the What the &#%*?? place. My attitude is in constant need of adjustment and the older I get, the happier I am to do it. It makes life so much easier. I haven't always been this way. Maybe it's maturity...a sense of humor about myself...or just plain life that makes me realize letting that attitude go, will make things a whole lot sweeter. I think there's a little bit of this in all of us. I'm thinkin...how come it took so long to get to this place? What the &#%*??

That's o.k., as long as I'm here!

Live passionately!

9 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Neese said...

LOL i like the pic of the leaf blower to emphasize the story heheh..

i don't think you spin all the time but you've said it enough now i'm intrigued... i will see if i can find a class around here i'd love to give it a try!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger IronGambit said...

What's wrong with spinning? :)

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Great attitude! That guy probably saw his job gone, he was lucky it was you. Keep spinning!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

At least you can't say that guys never bring you flowers!! :-)

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

At least you weren't wearing a dress when the leaf blower came along!!! :-)

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

What a day! First you're assaulted by a leaf blower and then stuck in Los Angeles traffic.

Hey, at least you're not trying to kick the coffee habit too. Grrrrrrr.

Stay tuned...

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Too funny. Sorry, I know I should not laugh but your description is so REAL. I am with you in the blast of flowers! Hang in there! Tomorrow's another day!

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Trifrog said...

Great attitude to have. Oftentimes I am also in that 'What the &#%*??' place over something trivial. I should save it for the big stuff while striving to make most of the stuff smaller.

It is partly age and partly simply the willingness to do so. I guess maybe that comes with age, but there are plenty around who never 'get it'.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

What a great attitude you have! I'm pretty sure I would have lost it, but I don't wear a black dress that often. :D

I am encouraged and reminded that the Lord put that pink stuff between my ears so I can CHOOSE to seperate stimulus from response and have victory in Him. Amen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home