Thursday, July 06, 2006

Let me think a minute....


First I want to say thank you....to all of you who read my blog, and are gracious enough to post and welcome me into your worlds! Thank you.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
Mother Teresa

O.K..... now I've got to think a minute (or two), decide where I'd like to go and how I'll get there. You are all correct..I need to goal, a race. I'm doing the San Jose Rock & Rock 1/2 marathon but it's not until Oct. I signed up for a Super Sprint Tri in Oct as well. Without something tangible (here and now), I'm feelin a little like I'm 'goin no where fast'. Tonight I'll look through the local race mag and 'Just do it".

This morning I finished the spin class then ran 3 miles. Feeling good. There are 2 handicapped women that work out at my gym. They're always there together and always laughing. I like to tease them and tell them to keep it down. We all bust up. They are so much fun and I love that they're so excited to be there. Just to be there. Wait....let me think a minute...

Live Passionately!

5 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Blogger Neese said...

1/2 marathon in October!? WOW! girl that is coming up! I was just thinking about the one that is in our hometown in October, now you've got me thinking about that again!
that is so sweet about the ladies at the gym, hmm now you got me thinking about spinning again...

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Rice said...

I have my next full marathon in Oct, its not that far away. but I did put in a couple 10k and 5k races.

Keep your eye on the ball.

Cheers.

Rice.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Veeg said...

I have an October race on the schedule, as well! It's a big one for me -- something that I've wanted to do for YEARS, but have always allowed other obstacles to get in the way.

NOT THIS YEAR, baybee! :)

Signing up for a race is skeery, but the real commitment is a powerful motivator! For additional motivation, I suggest signing up for a race in conjuction with IronPol. He is a master cheerleader. ;)

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

There's probably a ton of races down there- pick a good one! Maybe the women are excited because you're there to cheer them on.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

Nothing says "motivation" quite like money spent for registration. I feel like a slacker if I'm not registered for at least one or two races at any given moment (this includes the winter, when I sign up for things like the Reindeer Dash 5K or the Valentine's Day 15K, which are November and February races.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home