Monday, July 10, 2006

We've got company....

Lately I've had a slew of people from our headquarters want to ride with me for the day. I work in the field, and they'd like to see what us 'field people' do in our day. The last 2 people are actually friends of mine, so that makes it a little easier, but it still wears me thin very quickly. I'm in my car, I'm out of my car. On to the next appointment... I'm on the phone constantly. Trying to make use of 'down time' when I'm not in front of someone discussing business. With someone shadowing me....lets' just say the down time, is almost non existent. Clients are calling, she wants to know what they wanted... how was I going to take care of it? YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One more day scheduled this week, then I'm going to concentrate on politely fending this honor off to one of my fellow field managers! Surprise, surprise! ;)


It was a little tough to get up again this morning, not sure what the deal is. Grabbed my cup of joe and headed out. Nothing earth shattering on the workout front. Lifted a little (avoiding the legs) with a lot of core and stretching. Let's see if my legs feel fresh tomorrow when I spin. Tomorrow I go to WW for weigh-in. Hope that scale is willing to travel just a little south and make this girl happy. Good weekend everyone? Hoping you have a great week!!

Live Passionately!

5 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Good luck on the weigh-in, although i've heard stress adds weight and it sounds like you have your share of that!

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

Our field service technicians get grumpy when they have office people tagging along, unless said people don't mind getting dirty.

And if you're just completely wiped out, don't be afraid to take an extra rest day. I train six days a week, and don't feel too bad if I need to skip a Saturday swim so I can sleep a bit.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Trifrog said...

When that cup of joe feels like a need instead of a want you have to evaluate levels of exercise and rest to make sure you're recovering adequately.

PS The subscription to Experience Life will be worth it!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

ugghhh...micro-management bites.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Have you checked your heart rate before you get out of bed in the morning? They say if it is above normal it may be a sign of over training. If so then you need more rest from training.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home