Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Solid......

Quick run down:
1 hour spin (avg HR 130)
3 mile run/ 28 min/9.3 mph(avg HR 145)
45 min core work
15 min stretching

My legs were really tired on the bike today, not sure why. Tough to keep my heart rate up as well. 147 is 70% of my max HR, but it just didn't seem to stay there?? Got on the treadmill and my whole little world changed.... weird, but my legs felt fresh, solid. It was an immediate high & felt incredibly good. Ran 3 miles and could easily have gone longer, but wanted to work hard on core and stretching. I was lucky to have a little extra time before work so thought I'd take advantage of it.



For me there is nothing like that feeling....solid. It's not just physical, but all the things that reside deep in my core....do you understand why I need to work it?
Tune the iPod to something mellow and finished up with stretching. It was the near perfect workout. Time to do it all and felt great when I was finished. Solid.

Live Passionately!

9 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

With great workouts like that no wonder you're solid. Interesting looking ball push-up, have to try that.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Veeg said...

I *heart* my swiss ball for core work. Your workout sounds AWESOME!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Nice HR zones!!!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Trifrog said...

There is something ethereal when just our training can take us to that special place where we feel all is going right.

I was thinking of skipping my afternoon strength training until I read your post.

I'm leaving my desk right now and going to the fitness center.

Thanks.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Jeff... you inspire me. Keep doin you thing!

Veeg..just started visiting you blog. You are an inspritaion girl!!! I'd love to share a cup of joe, then I'd watch your little one so you could go 'tear the place up' and train. You are amazing!

Lance...No coke... No coke....

Trifrog..glad you decided to treat yourself. Isn't it funny how we tear ourselves down to build ourselves back up at just the right times??? It is no mistake! Glad you did!!! ;)

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger SRR said...

That's one hell of work out! Good for you!

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Deb,

That's a great routine. I need to do more core exercises on the ball. It's such a great feeling when all of the previous training puts you in that "happy zone." You're looking great too!

Stay tuned...

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

The swiss ball is my friend and I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm currently sitting on mine at work. I'm over being made fun of by my co-workers--their loss! Stay Solid girlfriend.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Thanks Deb :-) So far so good. Usually if I can make it a week, I'll be fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home