Friday, July 21, 2006

Oh ya....one more thing!

I was in 'CERT' training all day today. My company periodically offers training to become certified in CPR, Fire & Rescue, AED use (defibrillator) etc. The training is done by employees of the L.A. County Fire/Police Dept. & SWATT Team that have formed their own training company. We have the full blown accident seen going and it's taken very seriously. Pretty cool actually. Today was my 6 month refresher course. They brought up something initiated in London after the tube bombing and it's becoming well known by these agencies here in the states. It's called I.C.E. (In Case of Emergency). Make I.C.E. a contact in your cell phone. Type a period or input a space first, then I.C.E (this will make it show as your first contact). Then plug in emergency contact numbers. You can input I.C.E. 1, I.C.E. 2, and so on. When they come to the scene of an accident, they will check your cell phone and start dialing these numbers first. Good idea, huh?

Have a great weekend!

4 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Neese said...

we have ICE in our phones based on a news report on it last year BUT i hadn't heard the part of the space before the "I" to bump it up to the top, makes great sense, thank you!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Being in the guard, I have to take CPR every two years. You mention a full blown accident scene- here in Portland they did a terrorist-accident scene for disater responders and the talent agency I belong to provided the actors to be injured. I didn't do it though.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Flo said...

That's a great idea! I often wondered how they would figure out which number to call. On my cell I have my hubbys name and his number. No indication that he's of any great significance :) I will go program our phones right now.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Trifrog said...

I used to have 'wife','mom', 'brother' on my cell for this reason. I changed it to ICE when I heard about it; but now I'm going to add the space so it shows up first. Great idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home