Monday, June 19, 2006

I've hit the jackpot!




Came home, walked out to the mailbox and.....kaa-chiiiiing! 3 brand new magazines smiling back at me from that sad little box! Budget Travel, Food and Wine & Her Sports & Fitness. What a great combo!! They pretty much sum up the things I love to do most. I gots lots of readin to do! ;)

Slept horribly last night. I think I do a fair amount to keep fit, but that ride yesterday hurt. It wasn't so much that any one part of me was in pain, but my whole body. It just ached. Every time I turned in my sleep, it was like lifting dead weight. Woke up feeling o.k. Not sore really, just incredibly tight. Went to the gym, lifted a little (very little) and spent most of my time stretching. Got Brenda to help me out and by the time I hopped into the shower, the tension was just about gone. I wasn't trying to be the tough girl on that ride, just hang with someone that is obviously in much better shape. Well, I'm keeping it up. That's the only way I'll become that girl....the one that's in good enough shape for a 50+ mile bike ride. I've decided to run after every ride for a little brick training. Even if it’s for a mile....I'm thinking it's got to help build endurance and add some juice, huh? Hope all you men had a wonderful Fathers Day...look around you. Have you hit your jackpot?

Live passionately!

8 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

That's a good fitness level that you can recover that quickly! Thanks, I did have a good Father's day.

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger IronGambit said...

I have a great fathers day! I'm just not a father... :)

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

Thanks for all the comments. BTW, I hope you had a happy Father's Day, too. While not officially a father, you are doing double duty, and that deserves extra special recognition. While I think (hope) I make a decent father, I don't think I'd make much of a mom.

And on the topic of swimming, I'd say get a training book (Total Immersion Swimming is good) and get in the pool. For the record, I could barely swim 100 yards in February. Just like the bike and run, huge gains can be made early in training.

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Deb--sounds like a perfect Friday night! Sitting on the couch reading magazines and drinking wine. Lovely!!!

Keep in mind that 52 miles is a LONG WAY! It's a "good sore."

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Sounds like you just need some stretching and a good massage :-)

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Una said...

I love magazine day! I hope you managed to curl up with them and rest. Rest will also make you stronger right?

Congrats on your ride! The brick is a great idea, but don't overdo!

I'm so impressed :)

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Hit the jackpot? Huh? Where's the Sports Illustrated and Inside Triathlon, hmmmm? ;-)

Stay tuned...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home