Friday, September 15, 2006

Thinking Outside of the Box

I've been thinking.....

Thursday morning I head for spin class. Scheduled to start at 5:30. The instructor shows about 5:35, and then the slow trickle of other ladies. We start about 5:45. I'm really looking to get an hour of spin in here! The male bashing begins. I often think if they had a better outlook, how much happier (and less lonely) they might be. Oh well... on to more of my belly aching! The music is bad...and there's something wrong with the c.d., it sounds muffled or scratched. The instructor gets off her bike, tells everyone to 'deal' with the music and then sits on the floor and chats. She says she's tired and today it's all about her!?! What the heck?!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to remember, it's my choice to be there.

Last night Judy met me again to run with the club. She's really excited about joining and I'm loving that she did! She is frustrated about the spin class to and after 3 miles of conversation, I've decided to resolve this dilemma, I need to think outside the box. My company has cheap deals for several So Cal gyms. I think I can join L.A. Fitness (nearby) for $10-15 a month. Judy had a trial membership and said their spin classes were excellent. I need to go check them out myself, and if the price is right, I'm switching. They have spin classes everyday @ 5:30 and that works perfectly for me.

Chuck got his molars out this morning. His main request was that he'd be completely out, and he got what he wanted. He came out of it fine but was in some pain. You hate to see your kids like that. No solids for a day or 2, ice, you know the drill. He wakes up and tells me he's hungry..."What sounds good Chuck? Pudding, ice cream, mashed potatoes, soup?" He whispers....Mickey D's...
I think he'll make it... ;)

Train safe and have a great weekend!

4 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger Debstar said...

A spin class every day!!!! Is this a gym or spin heaven. If I had made the effort to get up at 5.30am for a class I would be severly annoyed at the instructor for that kind of behaviour. Most unprofessional.
Hope your son is on the mend soon. Protein shakes and protein powder in yoghurt are good for filling you up when you can only eat soft things....but you know that already right?

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Kek said...

I just found you r blog and I love your attitude, Deb - the whole health and making the most of the body you've been given thing. It's such a nice change from so many women I know who constantly obsess over their flaws - real or imaginary.

Sounds like you're doing a great job with your kids. Teenagers can make you completely crazy, but they do get better as they get older....

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Neese said...

aww sweet chuck!! :)hope he's 100% soon. sorry about the spin issues, thankfully you have your options that fit your schedule!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Steven said...

1 Big Mac + 1 Lg Fry + 1 soda + 1 blender = happy & slurping Chuck!

I hope recovery goes well and you get your spin-issues resolved...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home