Sunday, September 10, 2006

Did I really say that??

I joined a local running club, South Coast Road Runners deciding this would give me the extra kick in the pants I've needed after returning from my travels (and no work outs!). We meet Monday and Thursday eves and run 3 or 5 miles. I opted for the 3 mile loop to just take it easy (not sure that treadmill running is easier or harder, but definitely different!). The weather was nice and the run was no problem. I attended the monthly meeting after the run and listened to everyone's recent racing achievements. This group has a little bit of everything and is very social. Pizza after every run. wine and cheese shabangs. I get enough of that from work so I'm not sure how much of that I'll be doing. ;) Some pretty experienced aggressive runners, and some newbie’s as well. The next morning I lifted weights at the gym and I think that broke me. YIKES, I've been sore the last 2 days! Granted a good sore, but sore all the same.

I got the bug to cook this weekend so cook I did.
Cupcake Bakeshop blog provided me with the recipe for peanut butter filled chocolate cupcakes. It made 2 dozen to be exact and now I'm stuck farming them out since I don't like sweets and the boys will never eat them all. I discovered Delicious ( a new cooking magazine from the UK) and cooked up some awesome soup, a little chicken and some sides. I wish Mike were here...I know he'd be happy to help eat some of this! The frig is stuffed...and I'm hoping it doesn't go to waste.

Today I joined 3 ladies from the gym for brunch @ Memphis Soul Cafe then to The Orange County Performing Arts Center to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. The play was good and the company was great.

This week I'll see how it feels to add 2 nights of running into the mix. Have a great week everybody!

Live passionately!

9 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

You can send the cupcakes Oregon way! The running club should help make running more fun.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Congrats on joining the running club! I hope you discover that running outdoors is MUCH better than the old DREAD-mill.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Debstar said...

Sounds like you're off to a good start this week. Running, gym, morning out with the girls. That's the way to live life! I don't make cake/cookies because I'm the one that eats them all.
The thing with the treadmill, I read that you need it to be on a low incline to replicate road running plus its better for your back to have it on an incline.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Trifrog said...

I'm sure the club will make you its favorite new member if you bring the cupcakes to the next run.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Steven said...

Hey Deb - send Mike some of those cupcakes and then tell him to share with me! I love peanut butter and I love cupcakes...who would've thought to COMBINE them!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Neese said...

cupcakes sound mega yummy!!! joining the run club sounds fantastic! go Deb go Deb :)

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

Peanut butter filled chocolate cupcakes? OMG...is there any way you can ship some up to San Jose?

Have you thought of joining a tri club? You can switch up a lot of different workouts throughout the week and have some variety. Good for you for getting off the treadmill though:)

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Say what?
You can put the cupcakes in the freezer and pull them out one at a time as needed.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger *jeanne* said...

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS! What fun! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home