Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I can't see out the window

I seem to feel a lot like this lately....the little one who needs a leg up just to get a glimpse outside the window. Sometimes I'm even wondering where in the hell IS that big dog.....I need some help!

Rob is trying to prove his manhood in all the wrong ways (thank God for Chuck and the kid he is). My diet has gone to hell. Not that I 'diet' per say...but you know what I mean. I've worked out once since I left for Canada. My frig broke down 2 days ago (repair man scheduled today), and I just can't seem to get enough sleep. WaWaWa...

One thing I have always been adept in is a good constant attitude check. More like a reality check. It's what keeps me going. That's what I take away from my life, and I'm privedged to recognize it. My boys, Mike and I are healthy (THAT is the real gift). I have a great job. I can take a break and jump right back into working out with little or no set backs (with great gals waiting for me!) I have a wonderful partner who cherishes me. My frig breaks down when there was very little food in it...and I'm insured on the repairs. Sleep...lucky there too. I can paifully remember plenty of nights/days with no sleep and no option of it, either because of a sick husband or a baby. And the diet....let's just say it truly is 'all good'. I amaze myself on how I can thoughtlessly count these minor issues as the life altering drama's they are not. I am blessed with plenty of 'big dogs' in my life, and frankly never have to ask for help....they're just there.

Tonight I'll turn out the lights about nine and jump right back into the routine I love so much. There's always another day and the curtains are wide open.

Live passionately!

9 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

I hear ya about the attitude. If I'm at the gym and having a hard time finishing my business and start whining, I stop to think about how lucky I am to have arms and legs and the ability to do this crazy training that I do.

We all need those big dogs every once in a while though, don't we?

Great post Deb!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

I fell asleep on B-Boy's floor around 8:15. Woke up and moved to a recliner, where I fell asleep, again. Mrs. Pol woke me up around midnight, commenting on how wiped out I must be (as I rarely fall asleep in my recliner, odd, huh?).

We all go through ups and downs. It's good you have the right mindset and know that this "down" period is better than a really bad time.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Tracey said...

that pic is so cute!!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Steven said...

Great attitude, Deb.

You are fortunate and it's nice that you can see that.

Sleep well. ;)

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Sounds like you worked it out while writing- good post! "There's always another day and the curtains are wide open"- I love that line!

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger LizN said...

You have an awesome journal Deb. I found it through looking at a fellow Aussie's blog.

Keep that indominitible spirit shining!

Liz N (Australia)

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Deb-

I admire that while you have a seemingly endless positive attitude, you're also very realistic and honest in your emotions as well. Somedays are just freaking better than others...Hang in there. I guarantee you'll feel better when you are back in YOUR routine.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Neese said...

love the photo. and i think you are brilliantly in touch with your sense of self and feelings and life.

sleep peacefully

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Migofast said...

Better than P90wholelottanuthin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home