Thursday, November 09, 2006

It's a beautiful thing!

First of all, thanks for all the suggestions for journaling! Very helpful.
I know, it's mind boggling but here's the low down on my recent training:

Monday AM: 1 hour spin class
PM: 4 mile run/11:48 pace... smokin! ;)

Tues AM: 1 hour weight training & core work
PM: 3.59 mile run/11.22 pace

Thurs AM: 1 hour spin class
PM: 4.10 mile run/ 11.19 pace

Wicked busy week. Took Wednesday off to take care of my 'honey-do' list and started off with a teeth cleaning. Well...they found a bump on the roof of my mouth that wasn't there six months ago. Weird.... It doesn't hurt and I've really thought nothing of it. The doc takes x-rays, says he sees nothing but wants an opinion of an oral surgeon. No sooner do I sit in her chair that she says, "hmmmmmm" this looks strange". Well....long story short, I'm having oral surgery next Fri. to carve out what is hopefully extra bone growth and biopsy it. Oh ya...it'll leave a whole in the roof of my mouth that should take 2 weeks to heal. In the meantime I'll have to wear a retainer like appliance to protect it. WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?! All I wanted was my teeth cleaned! I'm sure it will all be o.k., it's just a pain...you know? Health. We are blessed, huh?

On a better note, I've recently been sought after for a position in our corp. office and posted for the job today, so let the games begin!

Hope everyone has had a great week and enjoy the weekend.

Live passionately!

8 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

That's a good sign when you're sought after- you should have the advantage?
Good luck with the surgery! Hope it comes back negative.
We've had record rain here in Oregon- washed out roads everywhere and more rain on the way.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Flo said...

Good luck with the surgery, it will all be fine!!!

I had a friend who has to go through surgery like that every couple of months. She has a chronic growth on the roof of her mouth that unless cut out will just keep on growing. Ugh!!!

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

We'll keep you in our prayers for good surgery and better news.

As for holes and retainers, I can give you all sorts of down low. Born with a cleft palate (minus the cleft lip), I had a MAJOR hole in my mouth until the closed it. And between braces and retainers, I had appliances in my mouth from 6th grade through my sophomore year of college (when they came off because I entered the Navy).

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Kek said...

Oral surgery? Blah! I'm sure it'll tuen out fine, Deb. The retainer will be irritating, but there are worse things. At least it's only for a couple of weeks.

Bet the bill hurts though. :-(

Good luck with the job!

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Debstar said...

Man you're smokin' with the exercise. Good luck with the surgery. I don't think you needed flo's cheery story. lol

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Retainer, yuk! It will be ok tho. Hey, just means you can drink lots of shakes or smoothies!
Good luck w/surgery.
Nice Blog..!
rockon`

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

I'm so jealous of your journaled workouts. I've been anti-tri since February and can't seem to get back into wanting to train for it. Maybe you'll motivate me to just do it, like you said the other day!

Good luck on the new job posting, be sure to keep us informed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home