Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I know...it's been a while.

I needed a break. Badly.

My test results came back and you know what they said?...YOU'RE TIRED. No fooling?! I'm in 3rd stage adrenal fatigue, which I'm told usually takes years of high stress/emotional situations for your body to get to. O.K., that applies here. My thyroid seems to have taken a little vacation as well. Blah blah blah...Continue with diet, supplements and cut back a little on exercise for now. Add more yoga, make some lifestyle changes and relax . I think I will.


Last Wednesday I got on a plane to Portland to see my man. I thought I'd have a few days to cook and spoil him a little bit (which I love to do...but don't tell him that, he might get used to it!). He wanted nothing to do with it. Nope. He planned a little road trip to Seattle! To properly kick off our road trip, we decided to check out the highly rated Ken's Artisan Pizza. YUM is RIGHT!!
We got to Seattle Friday morning, tooled around the city and ate far to much (our usual M.O.). We got a great Hotel in the Queen Anne part of town, visited the Space Needle, Pike Place Market and in between, hit a Tri shop. It's fun to watch Mike checking out all the 'toys'. Great vice to have, huh? Seattle (like Portland) has so many great neighborhoods I could spend days checking them all out.

We got home Saturday night and was lucky enough to celebrate ST Paddy's Day with Steven and his wife Karen. What a great time! We hit Rock Creek Tavern for a few beers, burgers and my new favorite...CAJUN TOTS! Don't ask, its better if you don't know, you could get hooked!
Mike and I spent the rest of our time hanging out in Portland. Mike found a cool new wine bar Vino Paradiso. The food and wine was incredible. We eat alot, huh?


Monday afternoon came around far to quickly. It was such a great trip, even the flight home was quick and smooth.


This relaxing thing is kind of fun...you should try it. ;)

Live passionately!

11 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger Juliet said...

Woohoo! first to comment! LOL
I've never been to Seattle, but have heard lots of good things about it. We'll have to make our way there one day.
And thanks a lot for mentioning pizza! :-p I have been craving it so bad lately!

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Yes!!! Relax!!!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Kek said...

Sounds fantastic, Deb! Hope you get some rest and feel better soon.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

How fun! What wonderful pictures you had! I am just chill-axin' tonight... I feel a bug comin' on!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Debstar said...

It's good to hear that you're winding down and what a great way to do it but with the man you love. Maybe you could look into Tai Chi as well, everyone I know who does it swears by it.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger JeffM said...

Sounds like a great trip!! So you're the reason we had great weather for the weekend.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Steven said...

The tots were great, weren't they? So was the beer. And the burgers. And the conversation and fun.

It was all good and I can't wait to do it again!

I hope we don't have to wait until we are in Penticton!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

Now that is what Im talkn about!
Dang, that food looks great, glad you enjoyed!

soak up all that R&R.

rockon`

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

Nice trip Deb! I'm glad he whisked you away, that was awesome. Sounds like you had a great time.

I wonder if my self-assessed laziness is actually more like adrenal fatigue. I should check on this.

Thanks for the pics too:)

KT

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Una said...

Mmmmmm :) The food sure looks great! You don't look like you eat a lot! I'm so jealous!

Hope you feel better soon. Are they making you take adrenal supplements? Most vile things I ever ingested. Couldn't think about it at all!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

How did I miss this post?

YUM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home