Sunday, March 04, 2007

Mission accomplished.

Last week I joined Triad Yoga for a 2 month special they were running. Thought that would be a perfect amount of time to 'test drive' the different classes and see what I thought. This morning I headed over for the 1 hour Matt Pilate's class and all is good. At first, I thought I might not get the workout I was looking for, but about 1/2 way through I was starting to 'glow'. I was able to follow the teacher and control all the movements which made me feel good. I left feeling strong and limber. I'll start back to spin tomorrow then check out a couple of yoga classes during the week.

I'm starting to feel a little more relaxed but still haven't left for the vacation I desperately need. I've got to just up and & go...it's the only way it'll happen. My next appointment with my Dr. isn't for another 1 1/2 weeks and I'm thinking I'll move it up since she should have test results back by now. Impatience.... it always gets me.

Hope you all have wonderful weeks and get YOUR missions accomplished!

Live passionately!

11 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Susan from Food Blogga said...

Hi Deb,
Just discovered this and your other site. I love the focus on healthy, stress-free living you have here. It's well needed, isn't it?

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Neese said...

ahh the "glow" glad your had that feel good experience and find other yoga classes in the future

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Glad to hear your back is better!!! Yoga can work wonders.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Kek said...

Mmm, Pilates! I love it!

Book that trip....you need it!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Hi Deb,
Good to hear from you. I've been stressed at work with our new boss and I think it has effected my personal life. Prayer is what is bringing be through day by day.
Boston is still on track.
to use your words,
'live passionately'

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Yoga helped me a lot, so I added pilates and yep, bumped up my conditioning and just got into a funky thing called core fusion. The hard part is finding the discipline and yes patience to get into the classes and stick with it. I'm a rookie blogger and really enjoy reading about your journey through life. Take care of that miracle called a body and the mind will follow. Enjoy the trip and here's to your health and another adventure.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Juliet said...

Yoga is a wonderful form of exercise! I have been doing it since I was 14. Doesn't it just make yo ufeel great!!!!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

I don't ever remember getting a "glow" at the half-way mark of pilates. Or, ever, I guess. I am glad you had it though! I love pilates, but find myself yelling at the instructor through the tv as I am working my butt of and she is standing there telling me what to do and make sure I am using my darn power house!

Enjoy the yoga! I need to try that sometime!

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

Sigh, men don't glow. I seem to go from 0 to dripping sweat in 60 seconds.

Must confess I was oggling at "the other woman" in your previous post. There is only one cure when someone like that comes into your spouse's life and it's called the "SCOTT CONTESSA PLASMA". :)

I noticed she is missing saddle mounted bottle cages. Maybe you can get Mike that, and he will think of you each time he reaches back for a drink?

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Faithful Soles said...

Deb, I'll have to rethink my view on yoga. I bought a DVD about a year ago called "Power Yoga for Runners", came home and popped it in, and couldn't even begin to do the few easy poses they did, and by the time it was over, I was exhausted just watching it. ok, ok, ok, I'll give it another try.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

I get the feeling that you can make everything in your life "glow." Glad the back is feelign better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home