Friday, March 09, 2007

What's up Doc?


O.K. I've been sticking to my Naturopathy Dr.s advice on the supplements and diet and am still very exhausted. I didn't expect any overnight miracle, but man I miss that cup of coffee. It's been extremely clean eating for me, herbal tea and much more rest than I'm used to getting. I was hoping for a little extra kick out of all this. Do I sound like an A-type personality to you??

I went to yoga class last Sun, Mon and Tues eves and really enjoyed it. I thought it might be hard to 'settle down' for and hour and a half, but the time really flew. I want to check out as many teachers as possible to see who I like. My back and core feel much better.... limber & strong.

Woke up yesterday with a little tickle in my throat turning into a fire last night. I got to the walk in clinic @ 8:59(1 minute before they closed!). I wanted to make sure I didn't have strep. All's clear and I've got the flu. The gave me Tamiflu (anti viral) which is supposed to cut the sick time in half. Feeling better today but not 100%. I see the Dr. Mon eve and get test results. This exhaustion stuff has got to go!

With all the 'boo whoo's' I can come up with I've got it pretty darn good. The grace and gifts I've been blessed with amaze me. My glass is alwayshalf full.

Live passionately!

14 Comments:

At 4:36 AM, Blogger Faithful Soles said...

Take care of that flu young lady. Love the Bugs Bunny picture, I'll have to tell you about my relationship with that wascilly wabbit someday.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

Hope your feeling better, that flu stuff can linger and throw things off track when it comes to training. Just get your rest and take those supplements..

rockon`

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

Hey, hows your back feeling? Did you get that sciatic nerve under control? Have you ever thought about a sports chiropractor.
I deal with patients with that problem and have them do certain stretches, exercises, and adjust the spine/hips region for biomechanic control and make sure the muscualture is functioning properly. fyi..

rockon` ..again.. :)

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Thanks guys...
Johnny...I go to a chiropractor who is awesome.. great stretching and a 1 hour message each visit. She said it jsut seemed to be a freak thing. It's MUCH better..thanks!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger JeffM said...

Hope you get better soon!!
Good to hear the yoga helps with your back.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

Well, I hope you feel better soon! It seems as if everyone is getting or has been sick, and I don't want it. I have been fighting something for the past couple weeks... cross my fingers and drink my water. :)

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Hopefully, you find what you need to get your strength back and you're feeling better these days.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

Our family uses Emergen C, which is a packet you pour into juice or water...about 1000mg of Vit C.

Since my wife is a teacher, it helps to combat ALL the germs she comes across.

Get better soon!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Hang in there!!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

On dear, if you weren't staying so far away I would have guessed that you caught it from my family. We started with bad sore throat too.

Let me know how the Tamiflu goes. I have read that if it is given within 48 hrs of getting the flu, it cuts recovery time by half, but my doc refuses to prescribe it. He's got me on antibiotics instead! :-(

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Kelly S. said...

Hi Deb!
My son came down with strep last week along with an ear infection - nasty stuff. I felt the same thing coming on and took the dietary supplement called, Airborne. It seemed to work in that for the first time, I didn't catch what my son had. I've made some more adjustments to our diet and my son's surroundings, so hopefully that will help us stay healthy a bit more than we've been this past winter. I love the Bugs Bunny picture and your positive energy! Take care and get feeling better soon! ~Kelly :)

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Neese said...

hope you are doing well since this last post... it's funny how being healthy sometimes makes you sick it seems, i know that's what happened to me,, had an A+ physical and BAM get bronchtis.

hang in there

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Faithful Soles said...

Hey champ, been a week since your last post, hope you are feeling ok.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Neese said...

Happy St. Patricks Day sweet pea! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home