Sunday, March 25, 2007

Prepare yourself.

Well, for some bizarre reason I cannot sleep. Been waking up every hour on the hour and it was driving me nuts so to hell with it... get up (3AM!), sign on the computer and the next thing you know I'm posting. Then...I start thinking.


"Prepare your mind to receive the best that life has to offer."

-Ernest Holmes


We all have our passions. We face life's races in our own arena's. We are busy, tired and sometimes trying to juggle it all just to dig our spiritual forks in and take a bite. Reaching deep and inch a little closer to whatever our goals are. I love it! To be so passionate that our goals stare us square in the eyes (but don't stare us down). When it's all comsuming we forget how to prepare. We forget to train properly, forget form, even our safety. I believe we are all here to receive the best life has to offer. It's what whispers in our ear to register for that next race or take on something new. See what can be done. To acknowledge what it will take to get there and to understand we are capable. Health, happiness & peace. May all life's best be yours. Prepare for it!

Live passionately!

8 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Blogger Neese said...

Sleepnessness is so aggravating, at least you were enlightened when you were up at that hour...I love how you put, "It's what whispers in our ear to register for that next race or take on something new." so true, so true.

Are you near Sunnyvale, CA?

Have a beautiful Sunday, sweetpea :)

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

As it is no surprise, we are blessed with another wonderful post by Deb! Well written and every so true!

Here's to your health, happiness, and peace!

P.S. Oh, how I would love to move to San Diego... to run with you! I just don't know if I am meant for to be a California Girl!

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Una said...

Right back atcha, Deb :)

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Faithful Soles said...

Deb, regarding my 08 Ironman, I have not decided yet as to which one. I figure that I'll be ready as early as January, so it could be any time during the year. Any suggestions?

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Thanks for another great reminder!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Greast post Deb!!!
I've found it's a self sustaining thing- passion feuls the digging deep and the discovery of more amps the passions that feuls...

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Amazing what good inspiration you have at 3 in the morning.
I know why I was tossing and turning last night, I had chocolate coursing through my blood. Thanks for the encouraging words.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

I know why. You were thinking about me going to get my Chevelle that night! Yes, I went (see blog) and at 3am had just stopped in South Oklahoma for about 3 hour sleep.

Great writing today! I love the inspiration!

rockon`

 

Post a Comment

<< Home