Wednesday, May 16, 2007

It ain't over!

I'm really starting to notice a difference in how I feel. Much more rested and less stressed. It was starting to feel hopeless....like I had no choice but to surrender to this constant state of fatigue as my norm. I really miss the coffee, but I think that was making a pretty big contribution to my woes. I'm really liking my workouts to. I have a sense of purpose without a feeling of overkill. Not much difference in my body fat composition, but with age I think we (women) tend to 're-distribute' and need to focus on managing what we've got. Health, balance & passion. These fuel me.

Sunday: day off

Monday: 55 min T1 elliptical

Tuesday: 45 min T1/T2 intervals on elliptical + 40 min upper body weights & abs

Wednesday: day off (meet with my women's small group..gotta fuel that soul to!)

Jump ahead -

Thursday: 50 min T1 elliptical + 40 minutes lower body weights & abs

Friday: 55 min T1T2 intervals on elliptical

Friday morning after my workout I'll head down to San Pedro to board the
Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas for a 3 day jaunt down to Mexico for work. Today I found out there are very few 'planned events' for our guests, which means much less 'schmoozing' time required from me. YeeeHaaaa!!!!!! All the better!

It's hard to slow down and even tougher when we're used to a certain level of activity. 'Rest to gain' is a tough concept for me. I'm not quite feeling 100%, but certainly much better. It ain't over!!


Live passionately!

10 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Glad to hear it's getting better! Coffee as the enemy- it's the small things. Have a great relaxing time (even though working) on the cruise.

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger jahowie said...

You are doing great on keeping up with the workouts. I'm glad that you are feeling better. Have a nice time on the cruise.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

I am glad to hear things are starting to look up for you! I love how you always end your posts on a positive note!

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Neese said...

It makes my heart happy to know things are better for you about the fatigue issue -- and you are getting in some solid workouts, that's great. That graphic is great..nobody tries to keep Barbie down!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

Yeah I hear that coffee really messes with some people or really with all.. a co-worker here gave coffee up b/c it was really messing with her body and she said it took a good 3 months to get the "craving - cafinee" out of her system and now is totally feeling 1000% better.

3 days in ole`Mex.. sounds awesome!

Rockon`
thanks for the comments on the new gig and upcoming tri this weekend.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Debstar said...

Good to hear that your health is improving. I'm going to have to give up the coffee..........tomorrow! lol
Hope you have a great time away.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Lora said...

Hope your cruise proves relaxing to you--you've got so much going on! I think you should have Mr Bubble come to the rescue!!!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

Coffee.... can't live with it, can't drink it all. :)

I am trying to get some balance by drinking more green tea, but there is still something in that early morning coffee in the office...

Have fun in Mexico!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Juliet said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better. To be honest, I was worried for awhile. Seems you are on track, though. ^_^
Dave hates, schmoozing, too. hehe

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

If drinking coffee was a 'ritual time' you had in the mornings you may need to find a replacement drink, like tea, and still have the 'time'.
Enjoy your time in Mexico.
I give a toast, To your health!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home