Thursday, April 19, 2007

Done Deal!

Boston...gotta love that city! Monday morning brought some screaming weather. Mike insisted I stay at the hotel, but after tracking his time on-line and seeing that it was calming down, I decided to get to the finish line. Regardless of the weather, there's no way I wouldn't be there. The timing was perfect. I show up and 10 minutes later he crosses the line. 3:28:26! Great job considering the elements and running injured with foot issues. You can check out his race report here. I also took some pretty good pic's, which I then proceeded to erase while goofing with my camera in the hotel room Tuesday night! ARGGGGGGG!!!! Mike says to leave the technical stuff to him! :( OOOOOPS!

We got back to the hotel, cleaned up and headed out to the North End. Dinner @ Cibo, then coffee @ Cafe Vittoria. I LOVE to cook (and eat!) and I couldn't have a better partner. Mike is always looking for innovative restaurants he thinks I'll like. Feeding (sometimes literally) each other's passions.... does it get any better?

Hat's off to those volunteers! Talk about stepping up. They were there long before anyone racing and dealing with some very nasty conditions. All for what? To be a part of the 111th Boston Marathon? Sure, but I think there's a lot of satisfaction in making a contribution...supporting others (especially those you don't even know!)in their goals of being their best. Even if it is just for that day. Pay it forward!


A few more days off then back to the grind. I've got a big list of chores so I'd better get hoppin! Have a great weekend!


Live passionately!

8 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

Have a great weekend as well!

boooo... back to the grind! lol..

Enjoy the rest of your time in Boston! and have a safe trip back.

rockon`

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Good point about the volunteers! They were out in that weather for a long time.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Boston is all about the crowds. I really appreciated them all.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Juliet said...

I love the Boston area, and I so miss my relatives there!
Ever consider a vacation to Michigan? hehe

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Debstar said...

What a great adventure. I'd love to go watch a Boston Marathon, though maybe not in the kind of weather you described. Hope the break has been good for you.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a fun time out on the East coast!

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Neese said...

Ahh sounds like a good time, I wish I could of jumped in your suitcase on the way there lol -- if for the least to enjoy those dinners and coffee :)

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Congratulations on surviving and thriving your Boston experience.
Maybe some day, assuming I get off my lazy behind and really train, I can enjoy the Boston mystic.
Always enjoy reading your meaningful blogs.
Sam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home