Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I'm not feelin it....


Yep...that's right. I'm just not feelin it. The last few months have been draining and I can't seem to get it together physically. I'm constantly exhausted and feel like the moment I get something off my plate....3 more things jump on. I've never felt so UN-motivated in my life. Not good.....I love the sense of focus, of feeling like the things I do have a purpose and will help me reach my goals. How do I get it back?

Rob is back home and I'm glad. He's a different kid...humbled and thankful. He'll be 19 this Saturday and Chuck turns 17 the following week. In a few months the '1 year countdown' until I move to Oregon begins. Make sure the boys are set (both want to be on their own), sell my house, pursue a transfer with my company and somewhere in there get married. Maybe I could be a little overwhelmed now that 'the countdown' will begin. I will not continue with the Natureopathy Dr or the Acupuncturist....insurance will not cover either and I'm not willing to continue to drop that kind of money. I read everything under sun on adrenal fatigue and nutrition, but don't seem to be enjoying any relief. Keep eating clean, exercising and rest is about the best I can do.

Sleep is not happening... I'm not springing out of bed in the morning anymore either. This stinks. Tomorrow I'll hit the weights and keep doing my thing. Until it gets better...I'll keep reading and live vicariously through you!

Live passionately!

11 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

I hope all gets better for you soon. If it makes you feel better, I have only run a few times and went to spin once in the last 2 weeks.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

Wow Orgeon huh.. your moving up there where Steven lives.
Nice area to train!

adrenal fatigue? Is that what you have been diagnosed with?

thanks for the comment on Cap Tex tri!

rockon`

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Changes do bring on stress. I hope you can manage to find some time for yourself and get some rest from everything else. Take long walks and seek His face!

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Wish there was something I could do for you. Rest and find that balance you used to write about.

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Juliet said...

I'm glad that Rob is back. That must bring a great deal of cheer to your heart. ^_^

Maybe it is that you're overwhelmed. I hope it's just that, and not something more serious.

It sucks that insurance won't cover more natural forms of healing. That's always bothered me. :-(

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

hang in there sister. With everything you mentioned in your short post, it makes sense that you are feeling "drained." Believe that you will get through it.You do everything with so much passion. This won't be any different!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Faithful Soles said...

ok, I'll psychoanalyze myself for both our benefits.

1. I always feel like I have to be doing something. Check.

2. If I don't do whatever it is better than the last time, I feel like I failed. Check.

3. All of this is supposed to be for me, but in the back of my mind I feel like I have something to proved (to who, I have no idea). Check.

4. Sometimes it is ok to do absolutely nothing and just completely give yourself a break. uh, semi-check, this one is the key.

I'll tell you what reinspired me - Being forced to try new things when I was injured and couldn't run. Now I have a new outlook and realize that running is not the end all to keep me fit. I hope some of this helped. That'll be $75.00 for the first half-hour.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Neese said...

aw i love that photo you used i think i've used that to captivate my feelings before. just like the baby kitten though, you will have to face life in little baby steps, try not to think of the big picture all the time, but just what you need to do in increments, even if it's hour by hour, focus on that, and be well.

xo

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Uh, faithful soles said it all. Love your beautiful self just as you are.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Debstar said...

Deb, i know where you're coming from with the Natropath dr. I blew a lot of money trying to sort out the very same symptoms, then I came across a book by John R Lee called "What Your Doctor May NOT Tell you about Premenopause" - very interesting! Chapter 9 is titled "Tired adrenals equals a tired woman"

I'm so pleased to hear that Rob is back home that must be such a relief.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

With grown-up kids at home, and a wedding coming, I can imagine the stress that you may be under. Maybe that is affecting you a bit more than you know?

When I feel that way, the only way out seems to be to pray. I tend to fall asleep in the middle of prayer so it kinda works for me. :) Will pray for you, that He will fiercely guard the joy and peace that He has come to give you.

Meanwhile, take hot baths before bed? Maybe even go to a steam bath if possible. They really help me sleep. Once you have enough sleep, the tiredness will probably go away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home