Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The fog is lifting......

It's seems like forever since I've felt good and finally the fog seems to be lifting. Lot's happening which has forced me to slow down a bit in other areas...Chuck turned 17 last Friday, hoping to get Rob's knee surgery scheduled this week, completed my V02 testing which was nice. I love looking at the numbers and getting a plan. Pretty cool set up. A training plan is programmed with my personal data along with how often/long I plan to do cardio, then it's printed out on cards (business card size) that are dated with that days workout on them. Take the card with me, work out, toss it. Nice.

Last Saturday I rode with my friend Brian. We took the local bike path down to Laguna Beach, got a cup of coffee and headed back. The weather was beautiful & the company was motivating. I see more riding in my future. Thanks Brian, you're the best! Lifting 3 days a week and cardio 5 days at a much lower HR is seeming to agree with me more. As much as I love spin, I was going all out each class and I'm sure that was contributing to my fatigue.

Quite a bit of travel (work & fun) coming up so I'm focusing on my needs, relaxing and making the most of it. Funny how we can neglect our own needs, huh? I know I do. I've got to change that.

Take care of yourselves &

Live passionately!

10 Comments:

At 5:11 AM, Blogger Lora said...

AMEN!! We all need to remember to take care of Number One first or there'll be nothing left to share with the rest!

And we're certainly worth it, dontcha think??!! ;)

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger jahowie said...

Your site is beautiful. You have a great perspective on life.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

It's a beautiful day when the fog lifts.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

You have been crazy busy! Sounds like you are making the most of your time and enjoying the ride.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

enjoy that fun time.. its the best medicine there is..!!!

rockon`

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

bike rides and morning coffee...the cure for any "fog." Sounds good. One day at a time, sister!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Debstar said...

The bike ride with Brian sounds like it was so much fun. Better to enjoy the moment than to spin furiously. Glad to hear the fog is lifting.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Good to hear the fog is lifting. The note cards sound like a good idea. Hope you get that Deb balance back!

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Neese said...

I can kind of understand that fatigue thing, I've noticed after an hour of strength training, the next day i feel wiped out. I'm glad to hear your fog is lifting. :)

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Kek said...

Neglect your own needs? Yeah, I know how that goes.... try to find a little time for YOU.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home