Thursday, May 03, 2007

No more...no less

The weekend is near and looking forward to chillin. I've been hitting the gym everyday, and the new training routines the trainer has provided are going very well. I'm still incredibly fatigued and can't seem to get enough sleep.

My older son Rob called me while I was in Boston to tell me he fell skateboarding. Nothing broken, but in pain and needed to get to urgent care. We managed that over the phone then said I'd take him into the Dr. when I got home just to make sure all was o.k. Long story short.... the kid has what the doc called the 'tragic trio'! He tore his ACL, Meniscus and Tibial and needs surgery. We're talking 1-2 months off work (thank goodness he'll be able to start school the end of May) 6-8 months physical therapy and 7-9 months before he can surf, snowboard, etc. That was last Thurs. The doc gave him a new anti inflammatory which caused an allergic reaction and Sat., (his 19th birthday) we spent in the E.R. Prednisone I.V. and six hours later sent home. He wasn't happy....Now to get the surgery scheduled and move on. Good news is he registered for college and starts the end of this month and everything on the home front is good.

My Chuck turns 17 tomorrow. He got a job offer for a summer lifeguard but then discovered the hours would be slim so he's considering his other 'career' options. Hmmm....Target, Ace Hardware, Office Depot, busboy...the possibilities are endless. ;)

This was the 3 of us a couple of years ago and it's one of my favorite pictures. Granted...Both of them have grown a good foot and now they shave...but this brings back beautiful memories.


Now the exciting news..... I won a 4 day cruise to Mexico at work! It's a dealer incentive trip and we had an internal contest for 'hosts'. Although it's considered work and I'll be entertaining, it'll be very nice to get a break.

So as I think of how I'd like my life to change, how much is or isn't on my plate or what I can do to feel better, I remember that I always have exactly what I need. No more, no less. That'll do!

Live passionately!

6 Comments:

At 6:24 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

I remember you posted that picture last year? I think it's the coolest. Congratulations on you vacation trip! Enjoy!
I hope Rob heals from the tragic trio well.
Ans Happy B-Day Chuck.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger JeffM said...

I remembered the picture also, it was in April last year. Very nice picture!
Poor guy, that will seem like forever at that age.
Congratulations on the vacation win!!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Neese said...

Deb, i cannot put into words how beautiful I think that photo is. 1. it's beautifully shot, but the content, the everything, it's just absolutely stunning

congrats on the trip!! need a travel partner!? ;)

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

That picture is wonderful!!!!!

oh man, poor Rob, but he'll do great, sounds like a tough kid, Get well soon Rob and really work on the Rehab for that knee. I have seen a lot of patients take there rebad not seriously and have problems down the road.

Super Congrats on your Mexico Trip that you won!!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

Kids and skateboards. Been there, done that. While I avoided any injuries requiring surgery (at least from a skateboard), I took my share of damage. Johnny has the rehab thing right. Take it seriously and all will be well. Blow it off and things head south, quickly.

Congrats on the trip. A working cruise is still a cruise. Have a great time.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Steven said...

Mike told about the 'boarding accident. That's a bummer. But he's young and can recover to 100%.

And what a beautiful picture! I love the scene, the colors, the intent. Wonderful.

The one with you and your boys is good, too! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home