Monday, April 23, 2007

Sleepless Nights....


Today was my first day back after a week off. Am I the only one out there that believes any healthy vacation should be a 10-14 days??? I know sometimes you can't make it happen, but boy....that's when you really know you've had some time off.

I haven't been sleeping well and that's irritating. Boston time change, then I found myself sleeping in on the weekends. I'm sure I needed it but come this morning, that 5:15 alarm was brutal. I Met with the trainer Sal last Thurs. This guy is great. He gave me 3 workouts, each workout using a slightly different technique to keep the muscles guessing. I like that....write it down and I'll make it happen. He's meeting with me again on Thurs to test my heart rate and figure out a better cardio plan. He's thinking I may have been over training with spin 5-6 days a week and reduced weights. Maybe...we'll see.

I hit the gym again on Saturday then did errands. Sunday was a wonderfully lazy day of window shopping and reading at home in the peace and quiet. This morning I did 45 minutes on the elliptical (to late for spin) then off to work.

I'm hoping tonight I hit the pillow hard and get some sleep!

Sweet dreams out there!

6 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Sounds like rest is what you need. Hopefully, your trainer has some good insight to help you get your strength back.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

You and Wes with your sleepless nights. I hope it gets better!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Neese said...

hopefully after the 5:15 wake up, you'll sleep well tonight.

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

I so agree, min. 10 days! then when you get back from vacation you need like 2 days to get ready for work so that makes total time 12-14 days!

Hope your Mon and Tues nights you slept better!!

rockon`

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger JeffM said...

That elusive thing called sleep. You jumped 3 time zones and back though, that takes awhile to get over. Hope you're doing better.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

10-14 day vacation, now you're talking!!! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home