Thursday, September 20, 2007

Counting Sheep

O.K.....It's 2:30AM and I'm blogging. To bed @ 10 thinking I'd be waking up at 5 for the gym. Two o'clock rolls around and I'm awake for good. ARGGGGGG!!! The last year this has happened more than once and I'm not liking it. I have a new manager at work and although so far so good, I wake up thinking about everything I need to make happen. If I can't fall asleep after this, I'll cut my losses, stay up and go into the office extra early.

This week I've had good workouts. Ran with the Nike folks on Sunday. 4 miles, 8.75 pace. Monday was 40 minutes cardio and 40 minutes weights. Tuesday 45 minutes cardio. Took a break on Wednesday and I think I'll do the same today. I'm making the effort to scale it back a little. I'm feeling slightly stressed fitting everything I'd like into my days, and my life at this point is beautiful....healthy, nothing to prove and balance is key. I'm all about rockin the boat, but not with this.

And what the %#&@? My left knee has this weird twang kind of thing going when I bend down. Not every time, but once in a while it catches and feels like an internal rubber band is stretching across my knee cap. Hmmmmmm. I made an appointment with the Orthopedic guy next week hoping it's nothing.

Well, some of you may be getting up by now, and I'll desperately try to get back to sleep for a few hours. I can always try watching O.J. coverage on CNN. If that doesn't do it I'm not sure what will. ;)

Live passionately! (and get enough sleep!)

5 Comments:

At 4:57 AM, Blogger jahowie said...

I'm sorry about your restless night. I've had about the same thing going on the last two nights. I know exactly what you mean when you talk about your mind racing. Great job on the 4 mile run!! Get some rest tonight will ya?!?! :-)

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Steven said...

Blogging at 2:00am?? You have been around Michael way, way too long. His bad habits are taking hold!

I hope you were able to catch a few winks.

Does the fact that you have a new manager have anything to do with possible moves soon or anything cool like that??

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! 2:00am is rough! Hope you get some sleep soon.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger lizzie lee said...

Be careful with the knee. I am in the same boat, and will see a therapist next week.

Your "NOTHING" sign worked. My plane arrived to Washington-Reagan National at 9:45 pm last Monday and I headed at 11:00 pm to the hotel's treadmill. Sounds insane, but my body was 3 hrs behind in Pacific Coast Time, so not that bad...

Keep Running!!!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Hope your knee turned out to be nothing. That's a good pace on the run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home