Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ooooeeee...I'm tired


Back from Hawaii and it's all caught up with me...I'm beat.
The business meeting was fun, Toyota really goes all out. The first night we were shown some of the new cars coming out, then treated to a private concert with Stevie Nicks opening for Aerosmith. The next day was another business meeting/new car show. Toyota hires an M.C. that fills in between our executives. This year it was Jay Leno and he was hilarious! After that meeting we head to the Waikiki Convention Center for sushi as far as the eye can see, with lamb chops, prime rib and open bars. The Doobie Brothers played in a room there, but it's just not the same without Michael McDonald. This year we had quite a bit of free time so I headed to the Rainbow Drive-in ( a local joint) for a plate lunch and just cruised around the city. My hotel room had a view of the beach right across the street. Waikiki is not my favorite place in the islands, but at the end of the day...it ain't a bad place for a business meeting either. The statue in the picture is Duke Paoa Kahanamoku, the grand daddy of surfing.

Clothes un-packed. Back to work and shrugging off this time change. Worked out twice while I was there but nothing since I got back on Monday night. Need a few days to catch up with myself. Hope all is well with everyone in the blog world! Enjoy the rest of your week.

Live passionately!

7 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Flo said...

Deb, I apologize!! For some reason your email went into the spam area and I just didn't think about it until Sunday. It's tough getting old :) Anyway, glad you had a good time, maybe next time you're here we can hook up.

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger jahowie said...

Sounds like a great trip. I'm glad that you are home safe. We miss you here in blogland. :-)

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

That sounds like a major league conference! Big name entertainment.

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty fun trip!

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

now that was a fun trip! what a great time!!

glad your back..

rockon`

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Is Toyota hiring???? :-)

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger lizzie lee said...

Oh Hawaii... What a beautiful place... Did you have time to run over there?

keep running

 

Post a Comment

<< Home