Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Let It Roll.....

Really good day. Rise and shine ...love those morning people ;)... and to the gym. I woke up yesterday and not a sore muscle (after my long run on Sunday) in these legs. Awesome I thought. A better fitness level? I like incremental change. Any 'landslides' I thought I've gained in my life were short lived, so I like the little stuff. It's solid...it sticks. More & more in my life... I like the things that 'stick' and I'm much more patient to hold out for them, whatever they are. Yesterday I ran 3 miles then lifted. Took it a little far by doing some leg presses (single leg) and today my butt is screaming! Ran 2 miles this morning (just to keep it movin) then stretched & did matt core work for almost a full hour. Oh, what a feeeling! Limber and flexible... that's the best.

Music was awesome....found 'my' place and let it roll. Started with Smokey Robinson, Cruisin'. I sink right into it.... My music taste is all over the map. The screaming stuff not my cup of tea. I really have to be in the mood. Am I becoming my parents? It's all about easing into this skin.... nudging myself into a funky place I don't want to leave. I find it easier and easier to get there, so when I know what'll take me... I'm happy to listen. Jennifer Knapp: A Little More is a newer favorite. The Strokes: Someday, Teitur: I was just thinking, Poi Dog Pondering: I Had to Tell You, Rufus Wainwright: Hallelujah, Chris Isaak: Somebody's Crying, Jaon Miraz: You & I Both, Matt White: Best Days ..& Miracles..& Midnight Desire...(really like this guy). Not all upbeat, but none of it makes me want to take a butter knife to my wrists either. Just good stuff for me today. Ahhhh, the beauty of the IPod. What'll I listen to tomorrow?

Good day at work to. Everything seemed to roll right along. I wondered if it was the music, that started my day? The stretching? The 'good sore' I felt everytime I sat down or climbed into my car? Went to WW (Weight Watchers) for the first weigh-in, in a few weeks. Down 1.9 pounds. I'm focusing on changing my body composition and no longer my weight. Lean & healthy. That's what I really meant.

2 big days into the official 1/2 marathon training and signed up for a race in October. Feeling excited about actually having a direction with training. I'm gonning make sure that IPod is updated, charged and ready to go. Then sink into it and let it roll..........

;)

5 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

cruisin'...by October you'll be ready for a full marathon!

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Migofast said...

Jeff's right you should do chicago!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Hey Jeff, I don't know about a full. Little girl...little legs! ;)

Sean, I thinkin more like Austin. Are you still training..or just a break from posting it? Don't be a slacker!

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Em said...

WOW good luck with your training!!
I don't think i could even run .5 of a km hehe
Em:)

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Austin is a great town and a good race. You're welcome to my place anytime!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home