Thursday, June 15, 2006

Down For The Count

Got to the 5:30 spin class this morning and all the girls were there. Are they gabbing???, yes (that's what 'we' do). I decide maybe I should chime in. They're talking about baseball and I blurt out "I love boxing"! OOOOPS.... They look at me like I'm from another planet. I'm not completely into stats or each boxer’s history, but I think it can be beautiful, like watching a dance. The room is suddenly quiet and we start to peddle. Is that all it took????
Got the battery replaced on the HR monitor and decided to wear it for most of my workouts. 65 minutes on the bike then 2 mile run (22 min). Felt great!

Yesterday I had my first appointment with my new chiropractor and got a deep tissue message from her sports message therapist! It felt great and yes, I was more than a little sore today...well worth it. So exciting to find someone you like. Hope this continues to be a great thing.

With each workout I continue to feel stronger and more aerobically fit. That's what I'm looking for!

;)

9 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

This is my first time to your blog. I enjoy your story. Thank you for this post.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

I like boxing too :-) Nothing like watching two guys beat the living crap out of each other LOL!!!!

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

I'm envious of the massage!!! I haven't had one in 6 months :-(

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Now, THAT's a creative way to stop the gabbing. The next time I'm at the gym and the fellas are yacking it up about what they saw on the Sopranos I'll say something like, "I like sewing shows," and see if they button it up.

It feels good to make progress towards your fitness goals, doesn't it? Keep pushing.

Stay tuned...

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

You didn't say how your heart rate was during the workout. I heard somewhere that massages can help you lose weight because of the increased blood flow and relaxed breathing- don't know if that's true.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Hey Jeff, realized I didn;t include my heart rate on the last post. I kept it @ 65% of max for 58 of the 65 min class. I'm gettin there!

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

HA HA HA! I can just imagine the stunned silence. :D

Way to stick to your guns.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger IronGambit said...

I love to see people with "positive" and "progressive" energy! ;)

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Una said...

why do I find "I love boxing" so amusing? i can just see their faces, that's why!

Boxing is very cool IMO. I like it better than golf any day!

I think I'll try to find a spin class when I move...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home