Monday, July 24, 2006

Can it get any hotter?!?!?!?

Geeeeeeezzz. I can't remember the last time we had such miserable heat. HOT... HUMID. Can somebody tell me when is it gonna cool down?!

Went to Santa Barbara & the Santa Inez Valley over the weekend with 3 girlfriends. Yes, to the exact places where they filmed Sideways. I was familiar with the hotel (a cheesy Holiday Inn) and Hitching Post (where they ate). Neither of those are worth ever recommending, but the whole buzz around the movie has been good for the economy up there. A lot of small vintners/eateries able to make a decent living for a while.

Saturday morning we drove to Santa Barbara (about 1 1/2 hours), checked out the farmers market, shopped State St. (the main street) then headed for Los Olivas, which was also in the movie. Tried to get into a popular cafe with no luck. It's 110, we're hot and hungry. We stumbled upon Patrick’s Side Street Cafe. They were extremely friendly, seated us right away and best of all, had the AC blaring!


We got there at 9 and went to town. My friend Molika snapped some pics as I'm trying to soak up everything this guy is teaching me. Before I know it it's 11 and we leave so he can get back to real business. We pass on the cold beer he offers (damn.... I should have drank it!) and hit the road home.

10 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

I think I figured out part of your "heat" problem. It's all about location. Of course, if you were in Wisconsin, out of the 100+ heat, you'd have to deal with the incredible humidity. Oh well, can't win for losing.

Glad you had fun, and it's always fun to try out new recipes.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

It's hot over here in Cleveland too. The heat is toughening us up for triathlon racing. I think.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Neese said...

aw look how cute you are!
sounds like a great road trip!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

In Texas we would love for it to cool down to the mid 90's at least!!!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Blogger was a pain loading these pics. Some of the post is missing?? I asked the chef if he'd consider sharing the recipes for what we'd ordered & he offered to give me a cooking lesson the next morning, hence the 'got there at 9AM and we went to town. Hotter today..yikes!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Awesome pictures--and look at those freaking toned arms!!! Sounds like the perfect girl's weekend.

Fyi--it's pretty freakin hot in Austin. But then again, it is JULY!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Trifrog said...

"I am NOT drinking Merlot!" ;)

I'll have to try asking the chef to show me how to make a dish sometime. I doubt it will work.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Veeg said...

You've got some buff arms there, lady! Very cute photos. :)

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Veeg said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes..some buff lil buster arms indeed! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home