Thursday, July 27, 2006

Heat Wave


The heat has been unbearable. Daily I struggle not to complain or even dicuss the heat....it just makes it worse. I read an article in the newspaper about the heat in London. The underground subway (the Tube) has no A.C., and is routinely reaching 117 degrees daily. It was hot and muggy when I was there last summer with NO heatwave. I think about seniors in this heat....babies...homeless. It's supposed to break for us by this weekend.

I've been spinning and weight training with nothing exciting in between. Work has been wicked busy and I'm finding myself close to 'zombie' stage by the time I get home. I read about everyone getting out there and 'making it happen' despite the heat. Hats off! I plan on running 10 miles Sat. morning and in to work for a few hours. Sunday...I'll collapse.

Stay Cool (and have a bitchin summer!)

;)

4 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

The company for which I work has a branch in France. They have routinely been in the high 80s and 90s. And they have no AC in the office.

I can't imagine that.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Maybe it's the results of this global warming thingy going on.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Trifrog said...

It's July, are any of us surprised? My air runs constantly from 5-11pm after the programmable thermostat is set on 80 during the day and 76 in the evening.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Neese said...

ah the "tube", mind the gap! did you go near Russell Square?, that's where we stayed...my husband was there for almost 3 months teaching and i came over about 3 weeks left in his stay.... a busy-busy city but some fond memories too. we were there in the fall-winter but i can imagine the station would get bloody hot in the summer!

go get that 10 miles!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home