Saturday, July 29, 2006

I'm dancing as fast as I can...

I'm bushed. Got to work about 10:30 (NO, I usually don't work weekends), I've got so much on my plate I didn't know how else to make a dent. Worked for an hour then met my clients. Took the V.P.'s to lunch and back in the office 4 hours later & worked until 6 Pm. Oh yeah.... the AC in our office shuts off at noon (don't get me started on the heat!). Made a decent dent so mission accomplished. Left the office and decided to go shopping and grab something to eat. Hit a little French Bistro in the mall & relaxed with a glass of wine and a salad. A young couple with a 2 year old were sitting next to me. I'm sure the poor little guy had spent far more time shopping than he wanted to, and was starting to get cranky. I had the waiter send them some little pastries/cookies once I'd left. Those are the things you love to do for others once your kids are grown! ;)

The great thing is I did not sleep in (believe me....I thought about it......hard!) Got up and out the door @ 6:15 for a run. Ran 11.3 miles, just over 10 minute pace. A little tired but otherwise felt great. Now my brain is tired... VERY tired. Tomorrow.... I will sleep in. I plan on a day filled with a whole lot of nothin!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Live passionately!

4 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger Neese said...

the cookie gesture was splendid. you're a good one, deb.

:)

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Hope you got some reprieve from the dreaded temperatures!! Congrats on the 11.3 miles. You, too, are "making it happen."

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Now you need to do the slow dance. Have a restful weekend.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Awesome run and awesome pace!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home