Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Free Yourself!



O.K..... so I have a little shoe addiction. Just look at those beauties! Papa Louie was asking about the Nike Free and here's my testimonial. I LOVE these shoes! Probably shouldn't since my feet are as flat as a board, and this shoe offers almost zero support. They are extremely comfortable and make it nearly impossible for me to run in anything else. I do run in Nike SHOX for distances beyond 10 miles (ok... those runs are not an everyday thing for me) but I have to say other shoes make my feet feel 'constricted'. I have 2 other pairs not in the pic (one always in the car and another in the gym bag). It doesn't hurt that I have a personal connection that takes care of me! ;) I do suggest you try them at a local running store. They aren't for everyone.

Some days I wake so easily it scares me. This morning I beat the alarm and was up @ 4:30. Nice to peacefully wake and get to the gym ready to go. Started spin early, which is always nice. No one in the room...time to think about the day ahead. I see my reflection and realize how blessed I am with my health. Just to be there riding. Our health is everything. I rode like a mad woman. Lot's of frustration to ride out. Yesterday was 5 years since Bob passed. It was a strange day. In a kind of funk...just not feeling centered. Today is another story. Not sad. Looking at today. I have a life time of new anniversaries to celebrate. I won't forget, just a nice place to let go.

I swear.... I think I sweat more than any woman should, but I always feel so good afterwards...like I've worked hard for it. I took tomorrow off and have a lot to get done before I leave for IMC Thursday (like pack!). Funny how a shoe can make you feel free, or an attitude, or grace, or just time. It's nice to be here.

Off to Canada and see you next week... ;)

Live passionately!

9 Comments:

At 4:07 AM, Blogger Lora said...

I just may have to try those shoes now--love your colors!

:::hugs::: for the anniversary date.

I just might beat you on that sweating thing...I'm like a salt lick when I'm done!

Enjoy Canada--looking forward to the pics!

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Rice said...

I love to sweat. I feel like its cleaning out all the stuff that I can’t get at when I’m in the shower or all the crap things that I ate in the last couple of days.. Good luck in BC.

Cheers.

Rice.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Have a blast in Canada!! I have two pairs of Nike Frees myself. I use them on my speed workout and track days. It feels like you are wearing NOTHING on your feet...such a nice change from the big honkin' stability shoes for long runs!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger I'm not here. said...

Oooh! Shoes! :oD

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Neese said...

xoxo re: anniversary. i understand...every nov 28th for my sweet sister. it's ok to be in that funk, it's ourselves still trying to understand the finality of it, i'm certain....

new days allow you to live for them too, enjoy your vacation i'll miss your blog entries! looking forward to canada pics!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

I'm a sweater too. Sometimes I gross myself out when I look at the gym floor under me while doing plyo or weights. But I think of all that sweat as a puddle of calories...the more the better!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger JeffM said...

Sweating is great- especially during spinning. Leave the bike wet and a puddle underneath. Have a great trip!!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

I might try to Free myself by squeezing my foot into a pair of those shoes. My experience with Nike is that they run too narrow in size. But if they fit I might use them for racing.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

Thought I'd stop by and see how you were doing. The new hair looks great, and congrats on the engagement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home