Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Accidents Happen

Today was the first day in a long time that I woke up feeling good...really good. Alarm went off at 4:40, the coffee was going and it just didn't seem to be a struggle. I really like getting my workouts in before the rest of the world seems to wake up, so today made me appreciate the 'ease' of the morning that much more. Spin was very good. Decided to get smart and wear earplugs (am I getting old or what??) to block out the absolutely blaring music. Not so 'in my face' and much nicer. Avg HR 136 for 1 hour, 17 min. Peddled before and after class for a little extra time. Stretched and out the door.

My son Rob left this morning with a buddy for a 4 day road trip to San Francisco. They had asked if I'd let Chuck go and I said yes. Rob's friend is 20 they're all pretty good kids. I told myself to forget about worrying, it sounded like a good time. Last night they all decided to grab dinner. While they were out, Chuck tripped on an over-sized curb falling on his face and hand. Tooth went through his lip and yes...he broke his left wrist. Last Feb. he broke his right wrist while snowboarding. At lest he's switching hands! He said he was o.k. for the night with it wrapped. Came home after my workout, called the Dr. and went in for round 2. This time he decided he'd upgrade in color from the last cast (glow in the dark green) to classic black. So sophisticated! ;)

We Leave the Dr.'s office and do what every 16 year old wants to do. EAT. He called it...Mexican food. Good choice. Fill the prescription for a little pain killer, picked up the 12 pack of Sprite, then home to claim his rightful place on the couch. He's still snoozing away, poor fella. He's so grown-up. I want to take care of him but his only response is "Dude, mom....I'm cool". Go figure. Bet that'll change when it comes from the right girl! ;)

Watch your step!

;)

7 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Neese said...

aw your sweet baby, i'm so sorry he's hurt! he's got a good mama to take care of him :-)

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Aren't kids fun. He is lucky to have you around. Good spin btw.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger David said...

I'm 46 too, what a trip, how'd we get here? Kids flying the coop. It's all good.

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

I keep telling my wife that if the occassional bump and scrape is the worst she ever sees, to consider herself lucky (she freaks out if my son does anything remotely risky).

I know full well the types of things he will do (because I did them) and the kinds of injuries he will receive (because I've had them) and how many trips we'll make to the hospital (because I've made them).

My goal is to get him to adulthood. Getting him there without ever getting hurt is an impossible goal.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Ouch! Poor kid! But he's in good hands.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

"Dude, Mom--It's cool" is the teenage language for, "I want to cry, but I'm too macho to let my Mom see me!!" :-)

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Trifrog said...

No, he'll still suck it up and act like he doesn't need any loving from a girl either.

They do play the music too loud in spinning and aerobics classes. Ironic, it's about your health while they destroy your hearing - a major factor in aging and balance issues.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home