Saturday, August 12, 2006

Excuse me.....what time is it???

Lately I've had trouble remembering what day it is, let alone the time. Work is still wicked busy, Rob took a road trip to San Francisco last week (yeah...I worried), Chuck broke his left wrist On Mon.(broke the right wrist snowboarding last March) and I'm going on vacation in another week...Yeeeeehaaa! Bummer I can't wear the 'short timer' coat the week before vaca..just too much to get done.

Mike and I are going to Canada for Ironman. This is his big (and favorite) race. I haven't gone in a couple of years and I'm looking forward to it. It always amazes me at the collection of talented human beings at an Ironman race. Actually, Mike amazes me. You all know.....to work full time, manage sufficient training and recovery, as well as manage your life (do the trash cans go out today?) takes far more than I think I could manage. I love his passion for it. It is one of those healthy 'all consuming' addictions. Canada is such a beautiful country and it seems like the race brings out the best in people there. I fly home on a Tues. afternoon then leave Wed. morning for a national conf in San Antonio. It's only 3 days (which is nice) but it feels like as soon as you land, you're getting right back on the plane to leave. The time off before will be great.

Nothing earth shattering happening with training. I'm spinning and lifting as usual. Can't imagine my day beginning without it. It really does sustain me. Tomorrow is filled with a list of 'get ready for the week' kind of stuff, then countdown to vacation begins!!!

Enjoy your Sundays!

;)

6 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Neese said...

i need to try the spinning, i do! have a glorious vacation and please share some photos! :)

xo

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Enjoy your time in Canada and wish Mike luck during the race! I had no idea!! Also, have fun in San Antonio...yee haw!! Wish it was Austin!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Ironman Canada- big one! Have a great time in Canada and Texas.

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Rice said...

Good luck in BC. I hope to be there in a couple of years.

Cheers.

Rice.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

When you get to Canada you won't have to worry about what time or day it is. Enjoy your rest and relaxation time.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Neese said...

hey girl you need to post a pic of your new do :)

xo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home