Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Everybody knows.....


I love the new Dixie Chicks C.D., especially the song, Everybody Knows. It's one of those songs that speak directly to me. So revealing....You know what I mean, we all have one. This month will be 5 years since my husband passed away. I tell you, a lot is easier and an awful lot is harder. No 'whoa is me' here...it just is what it is. Then I think about all I've got going.. I am engaged to a great guy (a multiple Ironman finisher & awesome athlete) I know..no real previous mention, I wanted this to be my training blog, mine personally. But I'm consumed in deep thought this time of year. As I remove the last few pieces of my life’s shrapnel, it reminds me of the gentle and generous soul that has cleaned every wound. Completely selfless. I have been blessed 100 times over. He has forgiven every mistake, has not allowed me to walk away for any of my foolish reasons, and has re-enforced the value of commitment to someone who at times, has been deathly afraid of it. I know you're reading....Thank you. Now....Everybody Knows.

As long as I'm dishing out here.... got a new 'do' last weekend. RED... wasn't EXACTLY the shade I was looking for, but it's just hair and frankly, I'm feeling kind of sassy.....yeah, this is nice!

Went to spin this morning. Got there 15 minutes early and warmed up. It makes a huge difference to be warmed up prior to class starting. I feel like I get a real jump on it. Avg HR 139 for 1 hr, 20 min. Lots of good drills and leave dripping wet. I want to commit to outside riding, but my weekend list of chores can be overwhelming ( I know....who's isn't?) so for now....I'm good with this. It's improved my cardio capacity and endurance big time, and I've dropped those stubborn last few pounds! Hopped on the treadmill for 3 miles then stretched. Love that stretch!

Next Thurs. (Canada bound) is not coming soon enough. Isn't it the best to share and witness other's successes?! I get that feeling when I read your blogs. You inspire and make me to be better, be more.... Thank you! Now...Everybody knows.

Live Passionately!

7 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

It's good to hear you're in a good place. Few of us can relate to what you've experienced. Keep Job from the Bible in mind. He went through horrible tragedies, one after the other. Then, God provided for him to rebuild his life to something more than it had been. The loss could never be replaced, but he was able to move on.

Keep up the training. Getting outdoors is a good thing, but your goals determine how vital it is. Unless you have races coming up, spinning and treadmill workouts do the same as biking and roadwork.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Wow...Wow and, can I say, "Wow?" Much happiness to you and the no longer Mystery man.

You're right--the chicks new album is fantastic.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Wow- congratulations!! Bright red or normal red?

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Thanks everyone!
Jeff... I'd say more auburn/normal red. ;)

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Let's see some pictures of the hair Deb!!! :-)

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Neese said...

yeaaah my sista in red!

and congratulations on the engagement!

i love your blog entries, btw, thank you for sharing what you do i inevitably walk away uplifted, or inspired to look at something a new way

xo

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

Surely there must be some unwritten blogsphere rule that prohibits revealing the mystery man and a new do without posting any pictures? :D

I like your mature, enlightened outlook in life. Thanks for the encouragement!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home