Sunday, November 26, 2006

It was fun while it lasted

Mike left for Portland this afternoon...5 days went by far to fast. I wasn't feeling 100% and he was sweet to take care of me. Ate dinner with the family, caught a couple of movies, he was able to meet his buddies for beers and even get a couple of runs in. Damn....I hate that leaving part.

I think I'll take a couple of days off from working out. Oral surgery 12/8, which is making me feel a little nervous. Not helping when the Dr. says I should expect it to be painful....damn. Just give me the prescription and let me find out on my own. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Hope everyone had a beautiful, restful, safe holiday weekend & have a great week!

Live passionately!

5 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww goodbyes are NOT fun.. i'm sorry, i know that empty feeling... try to take extra care of yourself and do some nice cooking and such.. and maybe make or do something special for mike and mail it to him.. something to keep you in the moment and not get too sad. xo

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the surgery, thoughts are with you:)

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

My wife's friend is getting married in January, and we get to spend just over 9 days with them. We tried to make it as long as possible so they can see their grandkids. It's never enough.

As for the surgery, I can help you out a bit, there. I had my jaw broken and wired shut. While it was a bit painful, I wound up using the morphine they gave me at about half the allowed rate. It sort of depends on your threshold for pain.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Vickie said...

Hi, first time to your blog, and not sure where I came across it! We seem to have a lot of the same interests, and like you have a serious triathlete boyfriend, and feel like you do at times with trying to "keep up."

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Good time of year to take a break if you have to.
Good luck on the surgery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home