Sunday, November 19, 2006

That was close.....

I had had to reschedule Friday's oral surgery for Dec. 8th. My lovely appliance wasn't going to be ready in time so I have a couple more weeks to chew my food like a big girl. I am a little nervous though, hoping everything will check out o.k.

I've been spinning like a banchee, at least 4 days a week. Feels great. 1 1/2 hours weight training and core work yesterday. I have a hard time balancing it out unless I journal it...weird huh? Looks like I need to return to my routine of sitting in bed Sunday night and scheduling my workouts. I haven't been weight training much at all and need to fit that in 2 days a week. Not a problem...just need to make it happen. That 'hint' of soreness today really feels good.

My stove has been broken and the insurance company is going to declare it totaled! I didn't now they did that, but I'll take it! I bought it new when I re-modeled my kitchen and this is the 4th (!) time it's shut down on me. They're sending me a pretty nice little check and I've already picked a new baby out! For me, appliance store = kid in a candy store.

Miguel (Mike) is flying in Tuesday eve.... I can't wait. Sunday will come far to fast and he'll be headed back home. The cost of a long distance relationship for now....but I am thankful. I heard someone say that our lives change when we stop saying thank you. Life becomes full of expectations instead of gifts. It struck me very true. Pay it forward. It fuels us. With all that we have (and don't) be aware, be thankful!

Live passionately!

6 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

spin like it's nobody's bizness! :o)

"our lives change when we stop saying thank you." -- you always push that button that's below the surface...love your blog entries, glad your love is coming soon.. have a grand week!

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

"Life becomes full of expectations instead of gifts"- very true! Have a good Thanksgiving!!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Trifrog said...

Yes, the Sunday scheduling helps make sure all is in order; proper workouts, proper recovery, all the muscle groups, etc...

Cool thought on 'Thank You'.

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Deb! And tell Mike to bring some of that sunshine and warmth back with him!

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new car not too long ago and now a new stove? Congrats!

Hmmm.... Scheduling training.... what a revolutionary concept! :)

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Kek said...

i loe the 'pay it forward' philosophy, been working on that for a wile now and it seems to always come back to you a hundred-fold. :)

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Deb.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home