Monday, November 27, 2006

It's not an accident...

Was browsing through blogs and came upon this quote:

"Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction & skillful execution. It represents the wise choice of many alternatives." - Willa A. Foster

I think far more of us validate this statement than not. Our contributions, the quality of our actions. In our relationships, our training, with our family & kids or ourselves. The things that really matter. This high level of quality is not always earth shattering, time consuming or deep thinking, but is real and extends itself into the day to day stuff. Opening a door for someone even though the guy in front of you didn't bother, returning the grocery cart, saying thank you, being kind someone....anyone, training because you won't get better any other way. We've all been blessed on the receiving end. The more I receive, the more I give....and on it goes.

Live passionately!

8 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are a sweet pea, green pea ;)

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Love that quote--need a tshirt, poster and trophy of that one!

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

well said!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger JeffM said...

Great post! And it's special when you see those qualities of quality passed on to the kids.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my site :) I've looked through some of your blog - you are way beyond me! Running miles a day, i'm lucky if I ever hit 2 miles but lifting is more my deal, I was always a sprinter, never a distance runner :)

I look forward to reading more, good luck with the oral surgery, never had anything like it but I know the nervous feeling, good luck!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Michelle B said...

Thanks for stopping by.. I hope you're feeling well! Indeed, I love that quote too.

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Debstar said...

Too True Deb. Great quote. Such a shame more people cannot understand how or why one enjoys such qualities

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Lora said...

Love the quote. Thx for sharing it with us. You are one special gal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home