Monday, December 04, 2006

It's Nothing......

It's nothing... I hope. No, I'm sure...or I'd like to think I am. Being a caregiver to my late husband for most of our 15 year marriage presented me with a strong daily dose of reality. It can be very tough on everyone involved. I've always frowned upon those who might have what I considered a minor health challenge and did nothing but complain, or seemed to relish in the situation. Much needed attention maybe? Never understood it. Well, let me say I am much better at the caregiver part of life than the girl on the other end. This oral surgery on Fri. should be very minor, but I worry still. What if this thing is more than just a lump? What about the boys...Mike. Silly, I know, but I still worry...just a little. But then I think, if all I have to worry about is some discomfort and a lisp, I've got it made.

Meanwhile, I've got training A.D.D. again. I've started lifting everyday, alternating upper and lower body workouts. Haven't done any weight workouts in a while and after what seemed like a good lower body workout last Thurs., I could barely walk! What happened?? I decided I'd better keep up with it and get up earlier (4:30 will do it) so I can weight train then spin afterwards. Weight training is so important, especially as we get older. Still spinnin like a banshee & loving it.

Hope you all have a great week & kudos’ to all of you out there training in those harsh winter conditions! Be safe and make it fun!!

6 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

4:30- that's dedication!
Hope Friday goes well and it's routine.

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Kek said...

Hey, I get up at 4:30am too...but only cos I'm getting paid for it. I'm not CRAZY, ya know! ;-)

All the best for the surgery, Deb. Try not to worry - it doesn't help anyway.

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Deb...I don't know if Mike relayed this to you or not? My daughter was telling him Friday evening about her friend at school that had the same thing and went in for the same surgery recently. When they cut the lump out it was discovered to be only a calcium deposit.

It really was nothing. As yours will be. Don't worry. Kek is right, it won't help.

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

People with the gift of caring for others generally do that all the time. Your concerns about this surgery reflect your drive to care for your family.

I'll bet if you look at it, the actual procedure doesn't bug you. You're concerned about others more than yourself.

And that's okay. We'll be concerned for you, and let your family care for you for a bit.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Maybe it was the combination of working legs and then spinning that made tou sore.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Vickie said...

Yes, getting up at 4:30 does have some advantage. At least you get to work out in the morning without everyone else up bugging you! My son recently had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled and went to work the same day (he was 18 at the time). I'm sure the dentist would have some idea about the lump and what it means, and hopefully has put your mind at ease about this. Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home