Thursday, April 12, 2007

Beantown...we're coming!

Boston baby! We leave Saturday morning. Mike from Portland and me from LAX...the beauty of the long distant relationship. We get to Beantown within an hour or so of each other, check into our hotel and grab a bite. Sunday we go to the expo (which is always good) and visit a few of our favorite haunts in the North End, like Caffe Vittoria and Mike's Pastry Shop. We discovered a great (they're ALL great!) little Italian place that we couldn't get enough of. The problem was.... they opened and closed when they felt like it. Ahhhhh.... America! I've said it before, but Italians have a saying... Americans are rich, but they are rich in life. Amen brother!

Somewhere between all this we'll hook up with fellow blogger Papa Louie and his wife. I believe this is his first Boston so I'm really excited for him. Isn't it crazy how we can all connect through this little 'Internet' thing?! ;)

Monday is the race, I explore the city and make sure I'm there for Mike's finish, then we make our way back to the hotel and relax. Two more days to hang out and Wednesday we fly out. It's always a fun time.

I took the remainder of next week off just to relax (besides...I'm on the brink of losing vacation time if I don't take it.

My personal training session went well. Very educated trainer (which is rare) and did the old body fat testing with the state of the art InBody Body Composition. Had a little wake up call. It measured strength as well and my legs are weaker than any other part of my body. Interesting...that's were I seem to be 'challenged'. I see him again tomorrow and next week he's testing me my VO2 max and HR for free...what a deal! It's been a few years since I've had that done so looking forward to see what that will tell me.

All my best for health, love and happiness!

Live passionately!

5 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger Neese said...

dress for possible wind and rain! and please give good ol' Papa Louie a big X and O from me and then have him give and X and O back to you from me.. ah heck, just have fun!!! Happy travels sista!

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

That should be a heck of a trip!! And very cool that you'll meet up with Papa Louie.
All the spinning you do and your legs are weak? Maybe because all the core work you do makes your legs seem weaker?

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

Hey have a great trip in Boston!
have fun and be safe.. !!
and take pictures.

blessings,
rockon`

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

We got to hook up with you to hit the Italian place. The excitement is bubbling over.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Juliet said...

Glad you are having fun in Boston! My mom's side of the the famly is from that area (she grew up in Belchertown, and I have family in Amherst, South Hadley and Lexington), so I know the area well, and love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home