Sunday, April 08, 2007

It's the little things...

Isn't technology great? My gym has new computers for the spin bikes. Now I can see my cadence, HR, time and distance. It's a beautiful thing to actually know how far I've gone and not just time and HR! I have one on my road bike (which is mounted on a trainer), but haven't taken her out for a spin in some time. We have beautiful weather most of the time, but early mornings at the gym work best for me and weekends are filled with chores and errands. I can hear you gasping...but it works for me. ;)

Tomorrow I have an appointment with a trainer. I got 2 sessions when I joined the gym and never scheduled them. I'm interested to see what they tell me. I'm looking for 2 different 'total body' weight training routines and I'll keep spin, yoga and Pilate's going the rest of the week. I am pretty disciplined but have had a hell of a time leaning out. This adrenal fatigue issue is contributing, but I'm sure I can still chip away at it.

I'm leaving for Boston next Saturday.
Mike
is running the marathon and I explore the city. We get back Wed., and I took the entire week off. It'll be nice to have a few 'play days' after I get home.

My older son Rob is doing well. He has a roommate, enrolled in the Junior College and working. He calls quite a bit and the conversation ends with an "I love you" from him more and more. Chuck has his drivers permit and is on the road! He's a sweet kid. I can't believe they'll be 19 & 17 the end of this month. Mike is well and training like a banshee. I am a lucky woman all around! Happy Easter and have a great week!

Live passionately!

9 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Neese said...

glad all your "boys" are doing well :) -- I'm looking forward to hearing about what the trainer says. I see mine on Wednesday... look at us lol.. anyway the Boston trip sounds exciting especially tacking on a couple extra days vacation!

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Happy Easter!
Boston should be a great time.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Boston Chef said...

Hi Deb - here are our Boston restaurant suggestions we posted back to you over on Boston Chef:

Thanks Deb! We would suggest you go to our old neighborhood - the South End of Boston - for a virtual murderer's row of great restaurants. On Tremont Street around the corner of Clarendon - which is near the Boston Center for the Arts - there are many, many resturants to enjoy.

B&G Oysters is a great place for some PEI Oysters and a glass of wine, across the street there is the Butcher Shop - butcher shop by day, wine bar by night! Hammersley's is right there, too - celebrated upscale food there. Aquitaine is right down the street from that for some French-inspired food, and Metropolis is across from Aquitaine.

If you're still going, Anchovies on Columbus (one city block up) is a great place for cheap Italian food. Franklin Cafe, one city block in the other direction, is one of our favorite little restaurants in the area. One more block down on Washington are Union - GREAT food and cornbread! - and our old haunt Pho Republique for Vietnamese mixed with French.

That's what we'd suggest if you've never been to the South End. All of these places are within walking distance of each other and not far from Boylston where the Marathon finish line is.

Have a good weekend!

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Boston Chef said...

Hi Deb - just a follow up... You inspired us to write up restaurant suggestions in the South End of Boston (well, you and everyone else that asks!), so we wanted to make sure you saw our post before coming to our fair city this weekend.

http://bostonchef.blogspot.com/2007/04/bostons-south-end-restaurants.html

Have a great trip!

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Have a Blast in Boston!! (and the much-needed rest afterwards)

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Steven said...

Have fun in Beantown, Deb! Yell loud for Mike if you see him on the course at all.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Juliet said...

I have to agree with you that early mornings work best for workouts. That way, there is no excuser making later in the day. Besides, I've grown accostumed to being an early riser.

You are lucky! You have three wonderful guys in your life! Soon, I will too! ^_^

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Glad to hear the boys are doing well. Eventually, they grow up. See you in Boston.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

Have a great trip. Tell Mike GOOD LUCK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home