Monday, April 16, 2007

This is CRAZY people!

Well, it's 3AM at home, 6AM in Boston and Mike left the hotel room an hour ago. The 3 hour time difference makes it all the more brutal.

Saturday we met up @ Logan and caught the shuttle to our hotel. Although it was a long day, we decided to hit the North End to get a bite to eat. We were amazed at how hoppin the streets were, but then again it was Saturday night & the first nice weather the New England area had seen in a few days. We hit our favorite place, Cibo. The reviews are all over the place (looks like they have a 'challenged' wait staff, but our yearly visits produce nothing but an excellent meal and a great time.

Sunday we headed to the expo. I think the previous years were a little more organized (mainly more room to move!) but it's still hands down the best race expo I've been to. Now the weather was pretty stormy, so lots of folks were taking advantage of being inside. We played phone tag with Papa Louie and couldn't seem to hook up. After the expo Mike and I headed over to Newbury St and grabbed lunch. Good, but definitely not the North End. The weather really started getting rough so we hopped on the T and headed back to the hotel. We ordered food from the hotel restaurant, read, watched T.V and relaxed. Then.....it happened.

The wake call rang loud and clear, the 'back up alarm' clock sounded and it's showtime. Wait....is that pounding rain I hear? No....maybe it's the 20-50 mph winds gusting that they've predicted .It's both! It is CRAZY people. Mike is hammering me. "Stay in the room....do not come out. I've never been to a race where I wasn't there at the finish waiting for him so I'm not liking this. I'd usually fight him and show up anyway, but as I'm typing away here, that wind is getting really bad and just about the only thing on the news is the weather. Yesterday I heard a pilot say they'd cancelled almost 500 flights out of NYC and 200 out of Boston! It's supposed to be better tomorrow and by Wed., all should be good.

Wish everyone crazy enough to get out there today best of luck.....they're gonna need it.

Live passionately!

6 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Steven said...

Hey Deb!
I followed along with Mike on-line and he manned-up and gutted it out! What a trooper!

I'm sure he'll be whining about his finsih time but do not let him get away with that! With the conditions faced by the runners today ANY finish time is an excellent finish time!

Enjoy the rest of your time in Beantown and travel home safely.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Finished fairly close to his prediction, pretty good for running in a storm.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Hope Mike came through it ok :-)

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Faithful Soles said...

Deb, I hope all went well with Mike. That was quite a day out there. If you are still up there when you read this, go to Legal Seafood (any location). That's where I always eat when I'm up there for the race.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

I guess it was a crazy weekend. Sorry we missed you. We'll have to try again maybe next year?
You and all the spectators deserve hugs and kisses for enduring the crazy weather and cheering the runners on.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Enjoy the rest of your vacation this week! Can't wait to hear his race report

 

Post a Comment

<< Home