Monday, February 02, 2009

Oh yes I did!


I bought P90X last spring and without running down my laundry list of excuses, I haven't broken it out until now. I won't be posting any 'before' pictures (don't want to scare the children!).

The DVDs can be combined in a few different ways to accomplish the type of workout you want. I chose the 'P90X Lean' version, with an emphasis on cardio. This morning I did the core workout and it was nuts! I have plenty of exercise DVDs and these are truly worth their price. I've always thought I had a pretty strong core but holy moly....I got schooled. I took Mike to work and lifted at gym there as well. Figured I'd keep to my 3 days a weight training as well. As long as I'm feeling capable, it can't hurt.

Last week was good. Weight training Mon-Wed-Fri and 45-60 minutes spinning Tues-Thurs. Diet's fine but have to say for the most part, that's not a real challenge for me. I exercise like a crazy woman, train more than most gals I know, but this weight that's crept up on me is stubborn and just seems to stick around. I'm looking forward to seeing how the muscle confusion workouts do for me. Healthy, happy, grateful and calm. Everything else is icing.

How was your week? All good on your end? I hope this year you'll realize your goals, stay healthy and remember to be grateful for it all!

Live passionately!

4 Comments:

At 5:47 AM, Blogger jahowie said...

Nice job!! I'm excited that you will be doing the P90X workouts while I'm doing them too. We can compare notes. You HAVE to take some before and after pics. You don't have to post them if you don't want to, but you will want them for yourself.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Debstar said...

Hi Deb, So glad you called by my blog to let me know you're back. I've missed you and have often wondered how you were getting on.

I'm not exercising so much these days. Ok to be perfectly honest, not at all would be closer to the truth. Just needed a bit of a break.

I've never heard of these P9OX workouts before. I might have to look into them when I get back into training. Yes it's definitely a 'when I get back' and not an 'if I get back'.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Sam said...

That sounds fantastic and yes I'm glad you're blogging again. I'm going to try and post more but frankly haven't had much to say.
Maybe we can all kick each other along here.
Always enjoy reading your blog including the fine people who comment on it.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Don't hurt yourself or get frustrated with the routines. Those are some tough workouts even for the fittest among us all.
My daughter has the P90X and loves the challenges it has to offer. I want to do the yoga workout next time I visit her in Florida. Glad to hear life is good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home