Monday, May 08, 2006

Eyes Wide Open..





One more post before I'm off for the week.... the morning was just too good!
Got an e-mail late last night from my riding buddies. Turns out one of them is good friends with a swim coach (San Diego State) who is moving up this way. They'll be @ the local pool tomorrow @ 5:30....BE THERE. I've been hinting at doing more than my usual gym/ run routines and damn it... they're bound and determined to help me 'make it happen'. I have no problem waking up at the crack of dawn and working out, but the thought of a chilly pool that early is not appealing to me.

Get to the pool and everyone is ready to go.... WAY TO MUCH... How can I get out of this? This will not be fun. Can I make a coffe run for you guys? Did I say I wanted to do this??? I jump in and swim a few laps. Boy, this makes you tired! Maybe I'll just hang over here by the side and watch how you guys do it... Not going to happen. Randy (coach) swims my way and we have a little 'come to Jesus' meetin. His perspective's unique. Not the hard core competitve kind of guy. (thank you!) He says have fun. Who cares about time or technique. Important...yes, but right now we need to build some indurance and HAVE FUN. I like his thinkin! His motto is 'Go into it with your eyes wide open'. Know what your immediate goal is, realize what it will take to get there, and the rest will not only fall into place but build upon bigger and better things.

I leave feeling pretty darn good so I head to the gym. Spin class in 15 min... I just had new clips put on a spare pair of shoes and kept them in the car! Put those babies on and headed in. The swim was nothing horrendous, but didn't want to over do it. Road for 45 min of the class and bailed. Got out ...feelin big for my britches, so hopped on the treadmill and ran 5 miles. Isn't that cute..... she did a little brick! Nothing compared to what most of you do all the time, but big stuff for this girl.

After the gym I stop by the book store (one of my favorite places!), pick up a new cook book, another copy of my favorite training log and a magazine. I just filled the last page of my previous log & today certainly merrits journaling! I like that motto of his....'go into it with your eyes wide open'. I think that'll work for me.

5 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Damn girl--you did a triathlon this morning!! You officially put everyone else to shame :-) Have a great trip. Will miss the posts!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

As Carrie said, that wasn't a brick it was a triathlon! Sounds like your ready to sign up for one anytime.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

45 minutes spinning then 5 mile run! That's great! That's more than what I do when it comes to a brick workout.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger psbowe said...

Deb, thanks for stopping by my blog and for your warm thoughts.

You've a got great blog yourself. Great job on the workouts.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Una said...

What a great day! I truly love how you see the world.

Congrats on your multiple activities!

Bookstores... so very wonderful :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home