Sunday, May 07, 2006

Consumed By Desire



Desire Orchids..beautiful, no?




My favorite flowers are Sweetpeas...not something you can walk into any flower shop and get. Orchids are gorgeous......exotic, rare, expensive & difficult to grow. Sweetpeas will grow in any sunny spot you drop the seed. They're not finicky, smell great & last forever. Sturdy...

I'm consumed by desire....definitely consumed.
My desire to be the best at what ever my 'goal of the moment' is, consumes me. I think it, sleep it & eat it. I dig my heals in. How can I walk closer to my maker? How do I get this parenting thing down right? Cement my relationships? Give work my best and concentrate on giving myself even better. Better time when I run & workout, when I talking with my kids or spending time with friends. I saw the Desire Orchid at a flower show and thought it was stunning. I wish I was a little more like that flower. Exotic & rare. But I always come back around to those Sweetpeas. The smell so great, they're not pretencious and they're best when you grow them at home. hmmmmmm.... I'd like to think that would wrap me up to! I want enough desire to reach my goals. I don't want them to consume me (entirely ;) ), but propel me. Send me in the direction that allows me to reach those goals...keep me hungry.

After church I worked in my yard. I love the smell of grass and getting dirty. It's relaxing. Amazing to see how everything grows. Finished & laced up for the 5 miles my training plan said was needed. Good run..really good. Not long runs but everyone of them feel strong and healthy. Good things are happening here. Came home and started on my own 'honey-do' list..laundry...grocery store...packing. I'll be gone for a week long conference so I won't be posting.

I love to see people who are consumed (keep it healthy!) and passionate about life and what's important to them. I'll pray that you all keep your fires goin and reach your goals! Think of me too!

;)

4 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Ellie Hamilton said...

Lovely post, Deb! Thanks for visiting my blog... I'm working (mentally so far) on a post sort of related to yours, an idea I got in church this morning. It'll be "Baby's Breath." It's not up yet ('cause it's not written yet.) You have happy training, too!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

I only know you through your words, but exotic- maybe, rare- definitely!! Great post, have a good week.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

You continue to find beauty in everything around you. That's a quality that's as rare as the orchid. Thanks for the constant reminder. I like to think of myself as a weed. I grow under any circumstance and you can't get rid of me!

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Una said...

Gorgeous post! I love sweet peas. I can't get them to grow here. Maybe my next house (this year sometime!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home