Friday, May 05, 2006

Pushing the Envelope..

I love pushing the envelope... although I'd prefer to refer to it as 'living passionately'. I have as long as I can remember. NOT always a good thing. My grandma used to tell me I was 'full of piss and vinegar'. Even as a kid, I can remember kindof of likin it....the little rebel. Even today, you say black, I say white... you say no, I say ...well......you know. Not sure why. Sometimes everything can roll off these shoulders, and sometimes, I just can't let it go. I'm workin on it.

Haven't been sleeping well lately, not coming easily. Got to the gym and today's run was 3.5...Think I could stick to it?? Noooooooo. Like a scab, couldn't leave it alone. Ran 7. Not that big of a deal, but really think I should keep to the training plan. Next run scheduled for Sunday. Ran intervals and felt awesome. Pushing that envelope. Did a lot of stretching then confirmed plans for tonight. A few girls from the gym asked me to go to a concert and I said yes BEFORE I got any details. It's a disco concert! Somebody shoot me!!!! Dinner before will be fun, but I would much rather be home rolled up in bed talking on the phone with a friend. Not tonight.

I wonder how others push their envelopes. It's all so realtive. What may be daring for some could be absolutely safe for another. We bounce off each other. Wait...isn't that called support? I hope you push your envelope. See what you're made of. Be a little bit of a rebel, and absoultely live with passion.

;)

4 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Disco concert? Should be fun. Sounds like your body has its own workout plan.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

Yup, you are so right! Christ came to give us the freedom to live life to the fullest and to me that means living with passion.

Thanks for the infectious energy from your posts!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Una said...

Good for you! The concert will be fun... feed off the energy of others.

Pushing the envelope... great plan. I need to open the envelope, look inside, and see what's there, decide what's worth pushing and what isn't.

Thanks for making me reflective, yet again!

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Hope you're shakin' your groove thing right now! Push that envelope in those platform shoes and bell bottoms!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home