Saturday, May 06, 2006

Sweet Surrender


Went to the (disco) concert last night. Killing me to say so, but we had fun. I'd much rather prefer the Bee Gees but no such luck. Mostly bands no one knew were still around. I am more the bohemian type girl, so let's just say the company was great.

Today I woke up about 8 and it felt great! Go to the gym?...nope. Run or ride?.... not today. OuuuuEeeee, did that feel good! I'm such a creature of habit and this hasn't happened in a long time (unplanned anyway ;).....) Took my time getting up, just me and Pete (coffee). My friend Gloria called, and 30 minutes later we're shopping. Clothes shopping is horrible for me. Not remotely fun, but watching her spend money almost makes it worthwhile ;). O.K., I did walk away with 2 pairs of work shoes and a skirt. All in all, not bad. Our friend Jamie called. Why was she still at home?? 30 minutes later, she meets us. She has 2 boys (4 & 6) & her husband has colon cancer, so the few times she gets to slip away are precious. We shop & laugh. We eat and laugh. We talk and laugh. This is how our thing works.... it's a very good thing.

I think about how often I take advantage of these times to surrender. Surrender to laugh and eat and talk. To realize the grace that's been showered over my life with rich friendships and people that love and support me (unconditionallly). I pinch myself everyday.... thankful to be blessed, and surrender.

;)

3 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Una said...

That's so awesome!! I love days that turn out like that... but that darn raised-Catholic-guilt always gets to me... ;)

The Ottawa Bluesfest is the second biggest in North America (Chicago is the largest), and who do they have closing night?

1. Sister Sledge
2. Gloria Gaynow
3. KC and the Sunshine Band

Dear god help us. My daughter (miss retro) couldn't be more excited if ABBA were showing. Ok, ya she would be. Let's just say she takes after her Dad in the disco dept. Will I be there? Probably. LOL

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Deb said...

How funny.... I was raised Catholic too! Catholice grade school, then public high school. Didn't realize you were allowed to talk in the bathroom for 3 weeks after school started! Gotta let that guilt thing go!!!! (I don't think God gets behind it either ;)..) I think KC is producing this show...seemed like something he was taking on the road and those are all the same bands. Sister Sledge lipsinked (she stopped singing but voices kept coming!), and the other two seemed like they were out of gas. Boardered on a bad Vegas show. ABBA would have been awesome..no luck. I remember standing in line on a blind date to see Saturday Night Fever...17...ahhhhh. I figure I lived through it once. I can let it go! ;)

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

I love your outlook, you make being with friends seem magical. As we get older though, those types of days are so rare- good post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home